• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original Movie Poster artwork FB group

16 posts in this topic

I've decided to create a Facebook group concentrating specifically on Movie Poster original artwork.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/131047770909401/

Members from the OA collecting community are most welcome to join.

Those of you who take an active interest in this art form are encouraged to share examples from their collection.  Wants and For Sale items are encouraged, though I reserve the right to delete suspicious posts.

Early days, and the group is something I hope to be building upon in coming weeks, but it's something I want to promote and encourage.  Even if you don't actively collect movie poster art, and bearing in mind most of us have a love for the movies, no reason why you can't enjoy the art form.

Hope to see some of you there, thanks.

Terry Doyle

Edited by The Voord

Currently at 91 members and growing!

Lots of previously unseen (by me) original paintings now being posted on my FB group, so worth joining to see what's out there in collector circles!

I'm encouraging For Sale posts and already a few items have been made available to group members.

Link to my FB group (anyone here welcome, even if you don't actually collect movie art . . . it should all prove interesting as most of us collect OA and like movies):

1 hour ago, The Voord said:

Currently at 91 members and growing!

Lots of previously unseen (by me) original paintings now being posted on my FB group, so worth joining to see what's out there in collector circles!

I'm encouraging For Sale posts and already a few items have been made available to group members.

Link to my FB group (anyone here welcome, even if you don't actually collect movie art . . . it should all prove interesting as most of us collect OA and like movies):

It took by surprise all the Poster Artwork that has been posted in such small amount of time.

My FB group is going strong with over 1,000 members in a little over a year it's been up and running.

New members always welcome. You don't have to own any original Movie Poster paintings to join and can just enjoy the wealth of OA being posted on a daily basis:

In addition to art being posted from the collections of members, we often have artwork being offered for sale - so is a good resource for acquiring art that may not otherwise appear in auction or on dealer's web-sites.

Currently, one of our members is offering a spattering of Movie sketches (prelims) created for the German movie poster distributors at the bargain price of Euro 50 each plus shipping on a first-come, first-served basis:

47164023_1948276541928866_5455326507142479872_n.jpg

47239566_1948276558595531_7976518029821345792_n.jpg

47301060_1948276578595529_7727285789213589504_n.jpg

On 12/23/2017 at 6:19 PM, The Voord said:

Lots of great Movie Poster OA surfacing on my FB group.  For instance . . . 

star trek.jpg

What is up with that TV and VCR?!

And these will be bleached out within a year or two next to that back door.

And how about that security? lol

AFAIK they had been in the same hands from the time the movies came out to the time the photo was taken, so I'm sure he's got your worries covered ;)

The big one in the middle was sold at heritage recently.

Edited by Bronty

41 minutes ago, BCarter27 said:

What is up with that TV and VCR?!

And these will be bleached out within a year or two next to that back door.

And how about that security? lol

My guess?  He's a cardioloist or a dr of some sort, a lot of them use VHS to look at old studies on big old CRT TV's.

On 12/10/2018 at 10:28 AM, Bronty said:

AFAIK they had been in the same hands from the time the movies came out to the time the photo was taken, so I'm sure he's got your worries covered ;)

The big one in the middle was sold at heritage recently.

I remember seeing that one at Heritage. So that's an older picture. The room does look like it belongs to someone a bit older. Nice seeing them all together like that. I assume they are behind the right type of glass seeing as I don't remember seeing fading on the Heritage images.