• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Holiday Giveaway

41 posts in this topic

Glad things are getting better! :foryou:

I've had some harshness over the last couple of years,but before you know it a ray of sunshine comes around the corner,makes it worth it to keep on trucking.Nice things like this.

What a wonderful gesture.

May things keep getting better and better for you and yours and all of us!

25 minutes ago, aardvark88 said:

One of my fave obscure GA covers would be Anarcho, Dictator of Death. Oddball Timely one-shot filed under C for 'Comics Novel' #1:

Y1fJIWg.jpg

So far Jim is winning this!i read that issue recently!

im a big PCH/pre code crime pre code sci-fi fan! thats my collecting focus. more on the EC side.

i know this may be "hackey" but wally wood is my favorite GA artist. his covers seem to be more detailed than most ( just an opinion and i know schomberg had a lot of craziness going on). with that said when i first saw weird science 9 i was blown away! crazy four finger one eyed aliens fighting the USAF! so i found a super cheap copy and i also bought a 11x17 poster of it. 

i have since upgraded but here is my original scan.

59d150115ae57_Scan2017-10-114_58_50.thumb.jpg.e81e8e678561a7c49d291e131a8c7d4c.jpg

MY second pick is criminals on the run VOL.4 NUMBER 7! unfortunately i DO NOT OWN THIS! but when i first saw this one i was laughing like a fool!!!! and then i make a comment that CGC should put on the label "classic fish to the face cover" and someone pointed out that YES CGC DOES!!! i laughed harder!!! so if anyone has a super low grade send me a PM!! beside who brings a "gun" to a fish fight :roflmao:

imageproxy.php.jpeg

Edited by Raze

43 minutes ago, Raze said:

MY second pick is criminals on the run VOL.4 NUMBER 7! unfortunately i DO NOT OWN THIS! but when i first saw this one i was laughing like a fool!!!! and then i make a comment that CGC should put on the label "classic fish to the face cover" and someone pointed out that YES CGC DOES!!! i laughed harder!!! so if anyone has a super low grade send me a PM!! beside who brings a "gun" to a fish fight :roflmao:

imageproxy.php.jpeg

That's mine - they are extremely tough to find.  I don't want to enter the contest, but this is my companion copy - I love the fish in the face theme, but hey, MH copy.  I love the lightning like composition that accompanies the fish strike, that accentuates the freshness.

BlueBolt_v9_5_MH_9-4.jpg

18 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

That's mine - they are extremely tough to find.  I don't want to enter the contest, but this is my companion copy - I love the fish in the face theme, but hey, MH copy.  I love the lightning like composition that accompanies the fish strike, that accentuates the freshness.

BlueBolt_v9_5_MH_9-4.jpg

1 hour ago, Raze said:

im a big PCH/pre code crime pre code sci-fi fan! thats my collecting focus. more on the EC side.

i know this may be "hackey" but wally wood is my favorite GA artist. his covers seem to be more detailed than most ( just an opinion and i know schomberg had a lot of craziness going on). with that said when i first saw weird science 9 i was blown away! crazy four finger one eyed aliens fighting the USAF! so i found a super cheap copy and i also bought a 11x17 poster of it. 

i have since upgraded but here is my original scan.

59d150115ae57_Scan2017-10-114_58_50.thumb.jpg.e81e8e678561a7c49d291e131a8c7d4c.jpg

imageproxy.php.jpeg

Guys (or reptiles) hm I’m pretty sure neither of those are PETA approved. If they can bring Sea World to their knees think what they’ll do to a lizard?

Those fish are clearly not having fun...

1 hour ago, lizards2 said:

BlueBolt_v9_5_MH_9-4.jpg

this ones great too!!!! i love it!

Come on, let's show this guy some weird books!

First up is this Roly Poly #14. One of my favorite horror covers with a bit of humor!

Second is Alice #10. Polliticaly incorrect black rag doll spanking cover. Great weirdness that is Ziff Davis. Why this doesn't go for big bucks is beyond me...

Third is Daredevil #11. Probably also politically incorrect. Off the hook weird. Bondage, foot fetitsh, hunchback dude. Love the insane folks in the cages, nice touch as only Biro could portray. "Slap the Jap" is also a bit off color as well.

And even though I have one, I'll throw my hat into the ring as I know a local kid who is getting into GA comics. He is has a large collection of EC reprints and would probably love an original pch.

comrolypoly.jpg

comalice10.jpg

comdaredevil11.jpg

Not technically GA but GA themed cover by one of my favorite artists and all I have to offer at this time.

If Greg does not mind I will donate a copy of this book as well to the winner as I have had a rough year and things have turned around so I would like to give back. Great idea Greg.

8DB712BE-D177-4B6E-A9E9-FF20D963F5B1.thumb.jpeg.8d02d20150a50bed3881f0ee8f87adce.jpeg

3 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Come on, let's show this guy some weird books!

First up is this Roly Poly #14. One of my favorite horror covers with a bit of humor!

Second is Alice #10. Polliticaly incorrect black rag doll spanking cover. Great weirdness that is Ziff Davis. Why this doesn't go for big bucks is beyond me...

Third is Daredevil #11. Probably also politically incorrect. Off the hook weird. Bondage, foot fetitsh, hunchback dude. Love the insane folks in the cages, nice touch as only Biro could portray. "Slap the Jap" is also a bit off color as well.

And even though I have one, I'll throw my hat into the ring as I know a local kid who is getting into GA comics. He is has a large collection of EC reprints and would probably love an original pch.

comrolypoly.jpg

comalice10.jpg

comdaredevil11.jpg

I want that Roly Poly- how hard is it to find???!

27 minutes ago, Pontoon said:

I don't know if this qualifies as obscure, but if definitely one of my favorites.

spellbound.jpg

This is the book my son keeps telling me to acquire. He has been the one battling with illness this year and can't help but see the irony for it to appear. Thanks for sharing! We get to see him again in a few days- I will have to show him your post.