• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Goodies
4 4

117 posts in this topic

Just now, TheFifthHorseman said:
21 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

And I'm here for immoral support!  :banana: 

Impractical support!

Where are the loading bays?  I need to get this stuff off my truck..., 

Is it just me or does it seem that all GA books (especially pch) are just on fire here on the boards lately. No matter the book or the price,  pretty much anything even semi cool is flying off to new homes. 

I was watching Pablo's thread last night seeing multiple  :takeit:as fast as they were being posted. There was no time to even look at the book, price or read the description before there were two or three takers. I just gave up and looked at the recap later...:sorry:Luckily, I'm pretty covered but I missed a great Vault of Horror on my want list. And ECs are really slow right now.

Edited by Robot Man

20 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Is it just me or does it seem that all GA books (especially pch) are just on fire here on the boards lately. No matter the book or the price,  pretty much anything even semi cool is flying off to new homes. 

I was watching Pablo's thread last night seeing multiple  :takeit:as fast as they were being posted. There was no time to even look at the book, price or read the description before there were two or three takers. I just gave up and looked at the recap later...:sorry:Luckily, I'm pretty covered but I missed a great Vault of Horror on my want list. And ECs are really slow right now.

Here, every auction house, any half decent listing on eBay....

38 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

Here, every auction house, any half decent listing on eBay....

Yesterday a Tormented 1 went for over $1000- and I thought it was a bit rough in shape.  I swear they were about half that not too long ago. Much of what is on eBay is either overpriced or in questionable condition as we all know. I feel far better about buying from boardies.

i have noticed ComicConnect does not have the selection of books that they used to have- even as they had a year ago. So they aren't a site I go to too often anymore.

The Mister Mystery 1 I picked up for $275 just about 12 months ago is now around $1700. I thought I overpaid since there was a few copies on eBay that were in the $100 range though not as nice. You all probably have similar stories. Maybe the prices plummet but my experience with most things is that there may be a drop but probably not down to that level again.

As I posted in my holiday thread it was a rough year due to my sons illness and I am buying stuff now when I think there may be an opportunity to flip and make some money if I need to. I flipped a few books this summer to pay for a month of his care and was able to show my wife that I could make some money in this hobby. Earlier this month the insurance company reneged on paying for a bill from January and thought I had to sell some stuff in order to make money for his care this month. It was good to know there were books I know I could sell that I could make a profit even at 25 percent below GPA.

I can't believe the hours I have spent looking at GPA and Gerbers but hopefully some knowledge, a bit of intuition and some luck will keep me a little profitable in this hobby. But then again- who knows? So I am guilty of jumping recently on sales.

Sorry for the wordy post.

1 minute ago, Gregd said:

Yesterday a Tormented 1 went for over $1000- and I thought it was a bit rough in shape.  I swear they were about half that not too long ago. Much of what is on eBay is either overpriced or in questionable condition as we all know. I feel far better about buying from boardies.

i have noticed ComicConnect does not have the selection of books that they used to have- even as they had a year ago. So they aren't a site I go to too often anymore.

The Mister Mystery 1 I picked up for $275 just about 12 months ago is now around $1700. I thought I overpaid since there was a few copies on eBay that were in the $100 range though not as nice. You all probably have similar stories. Maybe the prices plummet but my experience with most things is that there may be a drop but probably not down to that level again.

As I posted in my holiday thread it was a rough year due to my sons illness and I am buying stuff now when I think there may be an opportunity to flip and make some money if I need to. I flipped a few books this summer to pay for a month of his care and was able to show my wife that I could make some money in this hobby. Earlier this month the insurance company reneged on paying for a bill from January and thought I had to sell some stuff in order to make money for his care this month. It was good to know there were books I know I could sell that I could make a profit even at 25 percent below GPA.

I can't believe the hours I have spent looking at GPA and Gerbers but hopefully some knowledge, a bit of intuition and some luck will keep me a little profitable in this hobby. But then again- who knows? So I am guilty of jumping recently on sales.

Sorry for the wordy post.

You've got a good eye, and taste - that will take you far.

Just now, Comcav said:

You've got a good eye, and taste - that will take you far.

That is very kind of you. 

Its funny how you begin to look at a book and know when it's going to sell in a flash. Even when you haven't seen the title before. It attests to my hours I spend lurking on the board.

Hopefully we will all have fun and success in our hobbies. 

Dont want to hijack the thread!

12 minutes ago, Gregd said:

That is very kind of you. 

Its funny how you begin to look at a book and know when it's going to sell in a flash. Even when you haven't seen the title before. It attests to my hours I spend lurking on the board.

Hopefully we will all have fun and success in our hobbies. 

Dont want to hijack the thread!

Don't worry, this thread was hijacked long ago... lol

8 hours ago, TheFifthHorseman said:

Hey there eveyone. Hope you all are living well and prosperous. I'm here to throw little meat to the dogs. And when I say little I mean it! We're talkin scraps here! :roflmao:

This will be an ongoing thread only because I'm sloth-like when it comes to my uploads and listings. We all can't be like @catrick339 @SOLAR BOY @Ricksneatstuff @Dreamtoreal1 Srs though I'm not a tech-wizard like everyone half my age! So this thread will last a bit. Don't expect price drops after 24hrs lol

Here's tha rules:

:takeit: gets it

No returns

Domestic shipping included. International you pay

Paypal only

No kudos but you know me

Have fun!

Dude,  unless  you're 126  years old,   that  crack  about techies  half   your  age just  doesn't  apply  to me,  lol

Oh by the  way,   some  killer  books  so far.