• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looks like IGB are back at it
1 1

75 posts in this topic

49 minutes ago, Mr. Lady Luck said:

Am I the only one who would rather own a Universal 4.0 of the same book?

I would rather a universal 3.0 (probably even lower).  There is just no telling how much of that book is "real".   

If I take a single staple or page from an original AC1 and recreate the rest, do I really own an AC1???(shrug)

i would like before and after photos of "restored" books, much like you often see with restored cars. 

1 hour ago, Hudson said:

I would rather a universal 3.0 (probably even lower).  There is just no telling how much of that book is "real".   

If I take a single staple or page from an original AC1 and recreate the rest, do I really own an AC1???(shrug)

i would like before and after photos of "restored" books, much like you often see with restored cars. 

I would take unrestored 2.0 over that any================= day.

Action-1...jpg.a12005da0ff2fc5b48035ebd20b5ce52.jpg

Hudson :whatthe: Even this 1.5 would do :popcorn:   :hi::hi::hi::hi::hi::hi:

act1_9302a.jpg

Edited by woowoo

2 minutes ago, Hudson said:

Harold, my friend, I could not agree with you more.   

That 1.5 would look great in any collection (especially mine).  

That 1.5 would have a great home if it was with you :whee:

3 minutes ago, woowoo said:

That 1.5 would have a great home if it was with you :whee:

Thank you, sir. 

I am certain it would be well cared for and loved in either of our collections. 

It would have no fear of being uprooted, flipped, or "restored ". 

32 minutes ago, Hudson said:

Thank you, sir. 

I am certain it would be well cared for and loved in either of our collections. 

It would have no fear of being uprooted, flipped, or "restored ". 

Just want a copy Not a staple :bigsmile:

2 hours ago, Hudson said:

This.   Yes.   Many years ago I saved before and after pics of any restored books I had but found that people not only didn't embrace the idea, but most seemed to resisted it like (I presume) they felt it would set a bad precedent.   One the one hand were the people who seemed to worry that if one book sold with before and after pix then everybody would want it for every book.  And on the other hand it seemed were people who felt it might bring some legitimacy to restoration but they just didn't want anything which might bring any legitimacy,  in any way for any book.   Whatever the reasons nobody responded as I expected and a dealer who bought a key with slight resto from me actually took the "before" scan I gave him and threw it out (even though it was very minor work and the idea was that the pix would show as much to his potential buyers!)

57 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

A Universal 9.4 would be pretty neat.

Pull it out Richard :sumo:                                  (tsk)not that!!! The Book only

Edited by woowoo