• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looks like IGB are back at it
1 1

75 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, N e r V said:

You should stop thinking and buy it. 

You probably need a nice reprint to babysit your original...

Strange but true fact - I have never owned an Action 1.

2 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Are we still talking about the Action 1 from the first post?  If so, the label notes indicate that "extensive amount of pieces" (awkward wording there by the grading company) were added to the cover and the interior.  I'm not sure what the distinction is between an "extensive" piece and a "major" piece, if there is one.

When this company's books were discussed in that epic thread a while back, people posted examples where it appeared evident that there had been extensive reconstruction to the covers of some books.  Whether that is the case here, I don't know, but I would sure want to find out before I paid this kind of money.

I would love to see this work in person. Comparing the front cover to an original on HA, the work looks much better than some of the ones they were doing a year or two ago... I'm thinking of that Detective 31 where some of the artwork appeared to be rather crudely redrawn. The linework here looks pretty nice.

1 hour ago, MrBedrock said:

Strange but true fact - I have never owned an Action 1.

Well hell, I don’t think I’ve had a moment like this since I found out Santa Clause wasn’t a real person.

In all sincerity though I would have thought you of all people would have had a few copies in your possession over the years.

16 minutes ago, Point Five said:

I'm thinking of that Detective 31 33 where some of the artwork appeared to be rather crudely redrawn.

Their Tec 31 9.6 only had Mod ct and pcs added.

Edited by Gotham Kid

On 12/12/2017 at 9:26 AM, woowoo said:

I would take unrestored 2.0 over that any================= day.

Action-1...jpg.a12005da0ff2fc5b48035ebd20b5ce52.jpg

Hudson :whatthe: Even this 1.5 would do :popcorn:   :hi::hi::hi::hi::hi::hi:

act1_9302a.jpg

I'd take a 2.0 with slight resto over that 9.4. It's only a step up from coverless with a professionally done repro cover, maybe not even, as the interior has been restored as well. Assume the book was a PR before resto. The resto may have added value, but how much really.

17 minutes ago, rjpb said:
1 hour ago, Gotham Kid said:

Looks like someone is willing to give 345K for it.

Wouldn't an unrestored 2.5 run around that much now.

The ComicLink Tec 27 2.5 went for 380K so I'd have to say an AC1 2.5 would go for roughly same amount or more.

Edited by Gotham Kid

2 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

The ComicLink Tec 27 2.5 went for 380K so I'd have to say an AC1 2.5 would go for roughly same amount or more.

The Link 2.5 would sold for more if it wasn't the tape and not a true 2.5 in this current CGC standard. An Action 1 CGC 2.5 in good paper (no brittle) will command over 500k+.

3 minutes ago, showcase22gr1959 said:

The Link 2.5 would sold for more if it wasn't the tape and not a true 2.5 in this current CGC standard. An Action 1 CGC 2.5 in good paper (no brittle) will command over 500k+.

No way

6 minutes ago, showcase22gr1959 said:
10 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

Agree on both points.

Listen, am I a fan of restored 9.4 books ? Can I even understand HOW a book can get a 9.4 and a restored designation both at the same time ? No.

But, I'm also not going to start criticizing this book without knowing what it's all about.  Some on here make comments like "I'd take a 2.5 Universal over this one any day", but the point being these Action 1's don't grow on trees. If the supply was greater than demand, then these books wouldn't be priced in the stratosphere as they are every single time they come up for sale.  And many of us would have a 2.5 Universal in our collection. But we don't, because they just don't exist.

Restored keys are the only way for a lot of diehard collectors to fill the need that geeks like us have to own these very rare, very cool funny books.

If I have a  source of "distrust" regarding these ultra high grade restored copies, it is that CGC will not grade them. And I applaud them for not grading that which they do not have , or cannot gather, enough information about. Not knowing where something starts, or where it ends -  I can understand how that would be difficult to quantify. If it is a restored key, like the restored we are all "used to", that can be graded by looking at it and determining what is original and what is not , and communicate that effectively, then a restored Action 1 should command a solid, high price - why not?

Someone mentioned lawsuit? Can someone expand on that here as to what is happening there  (CGC and Igb?), if it's allowed in this forum. I'm not aware of the details, is it common knowledge.?