• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The day after the day after the Martians came.

9 posts in this topic

Great story/art in the first issue of Marvel’s Worlds Unknown.  “The day after...” was adapted from a Frederik Pohl story  

Worlds Unknown was a Roy Thomas creation adapting famous Sf author’s stories. Ran for 8 issues, I believe.

Got it as a freebie in a Real Frantic Ones’ sales thread. You just never know where the good stories/comics are gonna come from. 

Edited by NoMan

You just never know where the good stories/comics are gonna come from. 

Amen to that!

Here's another one for ya: try the so-called "back-up" story in Our Fighting Forces  #146...a legendary masterwork of comic art, buried in the back of a 20-cent newsstand comic book!

Also check out Warren's slightly goofy The Rook magazine (#3 & #4 from 1980) for another buried masterpiece by the same artist...

Edited by jools&jim

13 hours ago, jools&jim said:

Amen to that!

Here's another one for ya: try the so-called "back-up" story in Our Fighting Forces  #146...a legendary masterwork of comic art, buried in the back of a 20-cent newsstand comic book!

Also check out Warren's slightly goofy The Rook magazine (#3 & #4 from 1980) for another buried masterpiece by the same artist...

Many, many thanks. I’ll take pointers anytime. I appreciate you taking the time!

(thumbsu

There are lots of hidden gems out there, especially outside of the superhero genre.  And what's even better is that, unlike the "keys", there is no mass hysteria driving up the prices, and the stories and art are often far superior as well.

Happy hunting!

On 13/12/2017 at 2:51 AM, jools&jim said:

Amen to that!

Toth was a fantastic artist.

I remember searching out those Rook issues back in the early 80s specifically for the Bravo For Adventure stories.

Edited by Ken Aldred