• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 129 on the bay

9 posts in this topic

Hi all,

First time posting in this topic so please let me know if this appropriate/acceptable to ask.

I see a nice copy of ASM 129 on eBay for $699 BIN. 
https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Amazing-Spider-Man-129-Key-Issue-1st-App-of-Punisher-ASM-Spidey-Marvel/352225118137?hash=item520240c7b9:g:ib8AAOSwUYNaIxfl:sc:USPSFirstClass!80214!US!-1

Any thoughts on the grade of this book appreciated.

JL

tumblr_p0vfxa2jOw1qzbikjo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_p0vfxa2jOw1qzbikjo2_1280.jpg

I'd guess 6.5 cream/offwhite. Or if you're lucky, maybe just offwhite, who knows.

GPA says 90-day average for a CGC 6.5 blue label is $691, so it's priced a bit aggressively for a raw, the PQ could be better and you are assuming no interior surprises.

At this price point I'd personally be more comfortable going with a graded book. 

I have sold two 129's in the past five months. The first was an 8.5 and went for 950.00. the second, a 9.4 that went for 1800.00.

What I see here is is not a great wrap, going around to the back cover. The back cover is putting out some brown stain at the top as a general discoloration. The corners appear good. The page color is indeed off white and there appear to be some fine color breaks on the cover. I think it's a bit high on the price without seeing better scans but it doesn't seem unfair.  Really hard to grade without better scans. I suspect a 6.5, perhaps less. 

I don't like the looks of the right edge. It may be a bad pic angle but it looks crooked and I always think of a possible trimming. The pages look CR/OW at best. The picture is very bright and the pages still look orange. That looks like tanning on the BC edge. I don't like the looks of this book and I would not purchase it.