• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DR.X's Christmas Contest 2017 is in Motion!!!
10 10

879 posts in this topic

O.K. Folks, we're going to get started in a few minutes. But first things first. I would like to keep this thread somewhat normal if thats possible. I would appreciate it if we leave out the bouncing boobs, degrading animated Gifs and stuff. Keep the personal dispute stuff out of here, and lets just get along for a few days and have fun. (thumbsu

I also hope we can top last years contestant total of 135, so spread the word.

Please take your time and read all the rules. I've changed a few things this year to try and make the contest better, and more interesting so I hope it all works out.

:news:Please hold off posting until I get everything up and running. Take your time, there is plenty of it.

imageproxy.php.jpg

THE RULES :rulez:

1. You get "ONE" guess for the four main prizes in this contest, and one guess only. You have four days to figure up a number. Take your time. lol

2. I write down the answers as we go. If you go back and change your answer, your disqualified from the contest, so don't be a dork or a dorkette.

3. :news: Closest people to the actual amount, wether higher or lower will be the winners. :acclaim:

4. Contest is open to any legit boardie. If you're on the probation list, in the HOS, or I just don't like you, kiss it where the sun don't shine. lol

5. If you notice someone in the contest that's on the Probation list or in the HOS, please bring it to my attention and I'll run them out of here pronto.

6. Everyone is eligible to win the main prizes and you are limited to ONE mystery or ONE bonus ( U.S. RESIDENTS ONLY FOR THESE ) box too. Lets give everyone a chance to win something here.

7. Please only post for a book if you want to read and enjoy it. (tsk)

8. Shipping is on me anywhere you are. All prizes get mailed out within 30 days but usually much quicker.

9. CONTEST DEADLINE IS 3 P.M. Central Time on Sunday the 17th (thumbsu

Edited by DR.X

This years contest will be the same as last year. Why break tradition. The main contest is the same as usual. There will be Mystery Boxes and Bonus Boxes too.

I have a huge container that I save coins in all year. At the end of the year I cash it in. You know the program. Try and guess the amount of coins on display.

I WILL POST THE PIC OF THE TICKET MACHINE NUMBER AS IT CAME OUT OF THE HOPPER FROM THE BANK WHEN THE CONTEST IS OVER.

:news:CONTEST ENDS SUNDAY AFTERNOON 12/17 AT 3 P.M CENTRAL TIME :blahblah:

:news:READ CAREFULLY

U.S RESIDENTS ARE ELIGIBLE FOR ALL PRIZES.

:news: OVER SEAS AND CANADIAN CONTESTANTS ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE MAIN PRIZES ONLY.

Please keep this in mind as we get going.

THERE ARE FOUR MAIN PRIZES

SIX MYSTERY BOXES - U.S. residents only

BONUS BOXES - U.S. residents only

AND ---- ?

Once again this year there will be bonus boxes available.

These are available to U.S. residents only. Sorry guys the shipping is just ridiculous but you can still win the main prizes and have some fun in here.

The first person who posts the :takeit: AFTER I post the flashing batsignal, gets the book. These can pop up at anytime, even when your flapping your gums and posting nonsense so don't cry to me if you miss one by two seconds. crying-and-sorry-little-monkey-smiley-emoticon.gif

Go tell Greggy your problem, he's very understanding.

t2319.gif

WAIT FOR THE FLASHING SIGNAL - :makepoint:

I WILL POST A TIME WINDOW ON THESE SO YOUR NOT SITTING AROUND EATING SOYLENT GREEN.

Batcave2.gif

Here are the Mystery Boxes that will be popping up throughout  the contest when I post the pulsating package.  animated-present-and-gift-image-0021.gif

The are in no order and were boxed up some time ago, so I have no idea what is in each. You will receive one of them. There are some pretty good ones in here too.

Timely Comics 70th Anniversary Collection H.C. donated by Skypinkblu

003.jpg

Jungle Adventures Vol #1 H.C. Masterworks donated by Skypinkblu

jungle adv #1.jpg

Atomic Knights H.C. in full color featuring the complete Atomic Knight run from Strange Adventures. This looks really cool inside.  - donated by Skypinkblu

001.jpg

ACTION COMICS Vol #2 H.C. - Bulletproof - Brand new in shrink wrap.

003.jpg

JUNGLE ADVENTURE Vol #2 H.C. Jungle Action. - Brand new in shrink wrap.

006.jpg

INJUSTICE - THE COMPLETE COLLECTION - TPB - Brand new unread copy.

005.jpg

•  
Edited by DR.X

There could possibly be a few random items tossed in here from an undisclosed source. hm 

They may pop up at any time and will be available according to the post. I may post a time window on these and I may not depending on how much beer I've consumed.

And Plan 9 will be in effect,  and possibly the Milpitas Monster. :makepoint: When you spot the U.F.O. hit it baby, hit it. :takeit:

giphy.gif&key=5749bcaa688706c181b0a81a00

Edited by DR.X

:news:  Fourth Place gets the Tales to Astonish Masterworks featuring issues 21 - 30 first App of the Ant Man. Full color and in shrink wrap.

IMG_0548.JPG

Reminds me of being dragged into a lawyers office.

IMG_0551.JPG

Edited by DR.X