• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay Transaction gone sour... "Smudge Gate"
2 2

41 posts in this topic

Long story short...

I put a set of books to auction... listed them 1-4 etc... sold way under value...

the buyer then shot me a offer for another book way under its value... stating it won't sell for what you want look what your books sold for... I was hesitant to continue this transaction because the vibe of the buyer and the fact it went well under value but I packed the books and sent them...

next I get a case with the buyer asking for a refund.... I wrapped the books in that thick bubble wrap from CGC... but books didn't have the plastic bags on them... causing circles on the outside case... the buyer said books where now damaged... so I initiate a full refund... buyer then wants a partial refund... for getting the books recased... he no longer wants the full refund... I told him what I put into the books and he is now upset because... "it's my loss... I won $2200 value in books for $700 now I have to return them" I told him I was following policy... and I will take the burden of the books... any thoughts please chime in...

IMG_5717.PNG

IMG_5718.PNG

IMG_5719.PNG

IMG_5720.PNG

IMG_5721.PNG

IMG_5722.PNG

IMG_5723.PNG

IMG_5724.PNG

Edited by story cover & art by...

was that scratch present prior to shipping?

None of your original offer pictures show them.

Directly wrapping the books in bubble wrap if you have no bags to put the slabs in seems a little shoddy as far as packaging goes. Even some paper of somme sort would be useful to cover the slabs from the bubble wrap. Could be a scam but if it was in direct contact with them, might have made these easily removable marks.

The books are certainly not destroyed. The buyer is a bit of a pain for sure. Some folks get all nasty about not getting the items exactly as shown in your photos.

We still would like to know the buyers ebay name-----

Here is a link to the original offer for those who want to check it out:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-The-Dark-Knight-Returns-1-4-CGC-9-6-Signed-by-Frank-Miller-Janson-/152806872842?epid=85439280&hash=item2393ffd70a%3Ag%3A6aEAAOSwzppZ~WLK&nma=true&si=nsroHNfpCZZ4WD%2FlUb7dD8slCn8%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

The pictures from the buyer look like azz, pay him the reholder fee if it's reasonable and get on with your life.....you're never going to make back your costs on those Miller_looks_unhealthy specu-sigs from a few years ago either keep them cause you love them or take a loss in today's market.....also pack better, choose an adult e-bay account name, a shorter cgc board name and charge your phone.

:acclaim: