• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where’s the comic gurus at I need some help!
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Alright guys a few days ago I stumbled across this Avengers 2 comic that was signed by Stan Lee on the first page, even though I don’t have any certificate I’m wondering...... how much is this comic actually worth??? After digging around on the internet I couldnt really find one like this, so community help a brother out!!

5A5ADEC7-1245-454A-AD59-6C3E6F0AD914.jpeg

A281089A-F779-44B5-B8B7-4F890935D386.jpeg

D308DCE7-443D-4073-AC8B-C3AD091DB6E6.jpeg

37056CF7-E21B-4CBB-832B-9FA632B0B019.jpeg

Edited by clickclack5

Although it is more than "a bit of writing inside" - it's, IMO, an authentic Stan Lee signature.  Is that worth a premium?  Maybe...maybe not.  From what I understand though, you won't be able to get CGC to recognize it as a Stan Lee signature .  Rather it would probably come back as something like  " "Stan Lee '90" written at bottom of page 1".

I have an F.F. #8 with a Kirby autograph in the same spot.

I have owned this book since the 80's so my guess is that the signature is authentic,can I prove it, No.

IMO grade the book and assume value as if the signature was not present.

(By your pics it appears to be a VG/FN 5.0 at best to me)

I would add a small premium to the book, as I'd bet my arse that the sig is authentic..... plus it is a sig from the days when Stan wasn't rushed like he is today ....it's a nice one. I find autographs make a bigger difference on a Key book when neatly signed on the splash like this one. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

5 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

I would add a small premium to the book, as I'd bet my arse that the sig is authentic..... plus it is a sig from the days when Stan wasn't rushed like he is today ....it's a nice one. I find autographs make a bigger difference on a Key book when neatly signed on the splash like this one. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

It's probably also from the days when Stan signed for free...