• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Atlanta Comic Con - July 13-15, 2018

32 posts in this topic

20915095_1153237088111108_54555955022736

Atlanta Comic Con debuts on July 13-15, 2018!

www.atlantacomiccon.com

If you'd like to be a dealer, please apply by CLICKING HERE.

Creators:

Adam Hughes
ACC18-Adam-Hughes-FB_zpsmnxg549u.jpg

Joe Jusko
ACC18-Joe-Jusko-FB_zpsoilkes5n.jpg

Steven Butler
ACC18-Steven-Butler-FB_zpsq0sufzwr.jpg

Dylan Bonner
ACC18-Dylan-Bonner-FB_zpskovv6y6o.jpg

Scott Kolins
ACC18-Scott-Kolins-FB_zpsfdd3zs3v.jpg

Ale Garza
ACC18-Ale-Garza-FB_zpsjkoctuin.jpg

Ursula Decay
ACC18-Ursula-Decay-FB_zpslglnblns.jpg

Michael Walsh
ACC18-Michael-Walsh-FB_zpsefqtbkkg.jpg

Bob Camp
ACC18-Bob-Camp-FB_zpsdbawenri.jpg

Chad Hardin
ACC18-Chad-Hardin-FB_zpsatg2zfxq.jpg

Ty Templeton
ACC18-Ty-Templeton-FB_zpsl6epq1op.jpg

Robin Eisenberg
ACC18-Robin-Eisenberg-FB_zpsk3auaypu.jpg

Celebrity:

Matthew Lewis
ACC18-Matthew-Lewis-FB_zpsiqhc2041.jpg

Nichelle Nichols
ACC18-Nichelle-Nichols-FB_zpsyi4ifeph.jp

Austin St. John
ACC18-Austin-St-John-FB_zpsoa1kr0z5.jpg

Linda Larkin
ACC18-Linda-Larkin-FB_zps7ckxgvbg.jpg

Paige O'Hara
ACC18-Paige-OHara-FB_zpslusqmkrg.jpg

Bill Farmer
ACC18-Bill-Farmer-FB_zps48w2j7mv.jpg

Basic information:

Address:
Georgia World Congress Center (Hall C1)
285 Andrew Young International Blvd NW
Atlanta, GA 30313

Hours:Friday: 12:00PM - Midnight*
Saturday: 10:00AM - Midnight*
Sunday: 10:00AM - 5:00PM
*Exhibitor hall closes at 7:00PM. Programming continues until midnight.

Tickets (kids 12 and under are FREE):
3-Day: $60
Friday-Only: $30
Saturday-Only: $40
Sunday-Only: $30

Edited by KingOfRulers

12 hours ago, KingOfRulers1 said:

That's for three days. You didn't mention the $30 admission. (shrug)

I was well aware of that. All of that is high for an unproven show in a town that has always had issues supporting large scale shows. Hence, my comment about a strong guest list to justify that price still stands. All you need is a few of the right names. I'm not saying anything negative, just stating facts as they seem to me. 

1 hour ago, AllStar-Comics said:

Tough area for a big show  I remember the crickets chirping at the Atlanta Comic Con 2 day show years ago.  They had a monster guest list artist wise and still drew maybe 200-300 people. Good luck , hope this one takes off.

Was that a Wizard show?

On 1/28/2018 at 12:54 PM, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Was that a Wizard show?

No a store owner in the area ran it two years before they gave it up. If my memory serves me it was at the Gwinnet convention center  Owner  Lost a lot of his own money as I recall.  I set up both years much to my dismay.  Had a crazy  good guest list of comic artists many who hadn't done a con in years/decades.  Just didnt get a turnout. Only cool thing was that area seems to be a hub for original art collectors and there was a banquet room where guys had private collections up just to show off.  I got to see up close and hold A Frank Miller Dark Knight splash among a few other untouchable pieces. Wrightson was there, Brian Bolland which was his first con in over a decade, Jeff Jones .

3 hours ago, KingOfRulers1 said:

We've listed a second wave of guests for the July 13-15, Atlanta Comic Con!

Comic creators: Adam Hughes, Joe Jusko, Dylan Bonner, Steven Butler

Celebrity guests: Linda Larkin, Paige O'Hara

Still lots more to come! https://atlantacomiccon.com/

THAT's what I'm talking about. If Hughes doesn't bring them in, then no one will!

I will probably try to go one day but that price is a huge turnoff.  The Atlanta Comic Convention (totally different) charges $5 and has a lot of reputable dealers 4 times a year.  (finecomics among others set up there regularly)

I recall a big one downtown around 8-9 years ago.  Tara McPherson, Arthur Suydam and tons of other guests and comic dealers.  It was great but not well attended.  3-4 years ago Wizard World was here, again lots of big dealers came in to down and the comic section was fantastic but not super well attended.  I got to meet and talk with Dale Roberts though.

20 hours ago, Jacey said:

I will probably try to go one day but that price is a huge turnoff.  The Atlanta Comic Convention (totally different) charges $5 and has a lot of reputable dealers 4 times a year.  (finecomics among others set up there regularly)

I recall a big one downtown around 8-9 years ago.  Tara McPherson, Arthur Suydam and tons of other guests and comic dealers.  It was great but not well attended.  3-4 years ago Wizard World was here, again lots of big dealers came in to down and the comic section was fantastic but not super well attended.  I got to meet and talk with Dale Roberts though.

Comparing our convention to the 1-day Atlanta Comic Convention doesn't make sense. (shrug) They are two very different conventions. Sure, our Atlanta Comic Con features comic dealers, but also many other aspects of comicdom & pop culture, including numerous guest comic creators, celebrity guests, and a lengthy programming schedule. All of this takes a huge budget, that a $5 admission would not come close to covering. The 1-day Atlanta Comic Convention is highly focused on a particular aspect (which is fantastic!) and doesn't require the budget that we do. There is no right or wrong answer as to which is better; it's all a matter of personal preference/taste. Comparing ticket prices on two polar opposite style conventions seems like an fallacious comparison though.

On 2/1/2018 at 8:47 AM, KingOfRulers1 said:

Comparing our convention to the 1-day Atlanta Comic Convention doesn't make sense. (shrug) They are two very different conventions. Sure, our Atlanta Comic Con features comic dealers, but also many other aspects of comicdom & pop culture, including numerous guest comic creators, celebrity guests, and a lengthy programming schedule. All of this takes a huge budget, that a $5 admission would not come close to covering. The 1-day Atlanta Comic Convention is highly focused on a particular aspect (which is fantastic!) and doesn't require the budget that we do. There is no right or wrong answer as to which is better; it's all a matter of personal preference/taste. Comparing ticket prices on two polar opposite style conventions seems like an fallacious comparison though.

I'm aware that a different convention is different.  Thank you for pointing this seemingly obvious fact out.