• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney announces deal to acquire Fox studios
3 3

36 posts in this topic

I wonder what this means for Super-hero shows and movies Fox already has in the works.

Legion, for example, is AMAZING and I think season 2 is set to come out in February.

But I could see Marvel stopping a season 3 from happening so they can execute their own vision for the character and incorporate him into the marvel-verse (whether that be on the silver screen, or in some sort of X-men or New Mutants TV series). Which would be a shame because it's honestly so good right now. 

13 minutes ago, Ares said:

whats anti trust about it?

TV studio concentration, Film Studio concentration.  You're about to go from the "Big 6" to the "Big 5".  Plus Cable channel concentration (Acquiring Nat Geo, FX and its family of channels).  Not to mention international approval (Disney will acquire 39% of Sky).  

30 minutes ago, Shawnismaximus said:

I wonder what this means for Super-hero shows and movies Fox already has in the works.

Legion, for example, is AMAZING and I think season 2 is set to come out in February.

But I could see Marvel stopping a season 3 from happening so they can execute their own vision for the character and incorporate him into the marvel-verse (whether that be on the silver screen, or in some sort of X-men or New Mutants TV series). Which would be a shame because it's honestly so good right now. 

Would love to see a FF easter egg at the end of avengers infinity war - like a quick scene of stretcho working in the lab to find a way to stop Thanos while the thing is razzing him about it then the camera pans out to shot of the FF logo on top of the Stark building! Time will tell but I believe these properties are in good hands now.

Edited by mar-vell

6 hours ago, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

Awesome news, now please just approve of the takeover

If there are anti-trust issues that can affect the general public, do you still want it to get approved quickly just so that you collection can be worth more?

7 hours ago, Lucky Baru said:

All that money to make another FF movie.  Gosh, I can't wait.lol

Certainly don't need another movie anytime soon, but do you think this may open up Marvel to once again produce Marvel's flagship title on a monthly basis again?  I hope so.