• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Tales 99 Printing Error MJ Variant???

4 posts in this topic

Okay, so I know there's probably a better place for this in the forum somewhere, but I could not find it, so what better place I thought then in the newbie section. I found this odd copy of Marvel Tales 99 the other day. I know its a Mark Jewelers Variant as it has 40 pages with the mark jewelers insert. However the front cover has a very interesting printing defect, that I've yet to see in a comic book. It looks as though only the color blue was printed during this comics manufacturing. At first I thought it might be some kind of extreme fading, but after further examination, there is no hint of red, yellow, or green any where on the cover. The back cover's colors are fine along with the inside. I have attached pics of the comic. Does anyone know what this is? Is it rare? Have you ever seen any other comics with a similar defect?

Thanks.

Marvel Tales 99 Mis CF 1.jpeg

Marvel Tales 99 Mis FC 2.jpeg

Marvel Tales 99 Mis FC 1.jpeg

I think certain colors fade from sun quicker than others, red being the quickest - the fact that the Marvel's TV sensation logo (red/yellow) is plain white is pretty neat but the fact that the back cover doesn't have the same color loss is an indication that it's just a it's just a sun-faded beat to heck copy of a reprint.  

My suggestion is to print this page and tape it to the interior back cover.

m214c1ee0j3z.jpg