• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Post-Code Purchases (Horror, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, etc)
3 3

68 posts in this topic

Picked this up at the LCS last week. It’s a beater, but Black Knight isn’t a series I crave in grade. This is my first issue of the title and I knew nothing about BK’s backstory. I was quite surprised to find out he’s the alter ego of a perfumed, handkerchief-toting pansy in King Arthur’s court. lol

BK5.jpg

Edited by Dick Pontoon

On 2/23/2018 at 7:50 AM, Pontoon said:

Picked this up at the LCS last week. It’s a beater, but Black Knight isn’t a series I crave in grade. This is my first issue of the title and I knew nothing about BK’s backstory. I was quite surprised to find out he’s the alter ego of a perfumed, handkerchief-toting pansy in King Arthur’s court. lol

BK5.jpg

It was actually a pretty smart alter ego move looking and acting like any number of male lead actors from a CW show. :nyah: 

7F93F97A-BD9C-41C7-9212-25172F1100BB.thumb.jpeg.d0c22e8f7c3efc2d6a3ccc8b824b472a.jpeg

He-Man even borrowed the concept later.

Beautiful artwork regardless of what he drew...

A few years ago I read a short history of Atlas by Michelle Nolan that appeared in one of the later issues of CBG (after it went to magazine format). It gave me the idea to try to collect all the books with an Atlas globe on the cover. There are something like 2,400 total books. I imagine that many would be fairly cheap if you weren’t concerned about grade, but then finding copies of a lot of them would be tough. I’ll have to see if I can find the article. 

Edited by mysterio