• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's the most valuable book owned by a regular member of the boards?
1 1

56 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, october said:

Didn't Sartre post a 9.4 blue label Cap 1? That's probably the one that sticks out most in my mind. 

my guess too

we also have a boardie (amazingspiderfan) that owns a 9.4 AF15

Edited by Gotham Kid

The simple answer is none of the above listed. But as someone else posted, the owner doesn’t advertise ownership so it likely won’t be publicly acknowledged 

Edited by G.A.tor

12 minutes ago, Mr bla bla said:
1 hour ago, G.A.tor said:

The simple answer is none of the above listed. But as someone else posted, the owner doesn’t advertise ownership so it likely won’t be publicly acknowledged 

Verzyl ...?

I think everyone knows he owns a Cap1 9.8

Process of elimination.  It has to be an Action 1 or a D27.

Dave Anderson and Ayman Hariri own the top three Action 1s.  But, it could be the Action 1 8.5 or Kansas City Action 1 8.0.

Dave Anderson also owns the top D27 ("Allentown").  The "other high grade" D27 is in unknown hands - which means it is a top contender given the secrecy some are showing here ... or that book might actually be the 9.2 D27 - another good contender.  Could be the Church D27 8.5.  Hariri's D27 is in a fortress and doesn't look like it is as high grade as the above.

So I'm guessing someone on the boards owns the Action 1 8.5, Kansas City Action 1 8.0, Detective 27 9.2 or Church Detective 27 8.5. 

Edited by sfcityduck

1 hour ago, Gotham Kid said:

I think everyone knows he owns a Cap1 9.8

Well... Avengers #4 9.8s get 120k+ at auction now... one can only imagine what cap 1 9.8 as hot as that book is would get ... 1.5 mil or more?

That particular copy could be a hobbywide top 10 out of all existing books kinda copy.

2 hours ago, sfcityduck said:

Dave Anderson and Ayman Hariri own the top three Action 1s.  But, it could be the Action 1 8.5 or Kansas City Action 1 8.0.

Dave Anderson also owns the top D27 ("Allentown").  The "other high grade" D27 is in unknown hands - which means it is a top contender given the secrecy some are showing here ... or that book might actually be the 9.2 D27 - another good contender.  Could be the Church D27 8.5.  Hariri's D27 is in a fortress and doesn't look like it is as high grade as the above.

So I'm guessing someone on the boards owns the Action 1 8.5, Kansas City Action 1 8.0, Detective 27 9.2 or Church Detective 27 8.5. 

I was feeling good when I woke up this morning, but all of a sudden I’m feeling a little inadequate 

5 hours ago, sfcityduck said:

The church 27 is a 7.5 I believe