• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please Grade My TOS39
1 1

21 posts in this topic

Hello everyone I just sent in my TOS 39 and I’m having a hard time predicting the outcome on this one. Presents nice for most part everything is attached, few small spine splits along spine, major defect is along tear  along iron man! I didn’t add tape or anything i just let it be. I was hoping a 2.0, but may fear a 1.8 coming my way :/lol.. any input would be great!! 

993CD37D-7A61-42F9-B99F-C513AFF8E9DD.jpeg

2AF5DE48-D8B5-46FF-809D-8B67A08AA974.jpeg

3F5EDCBD-946B-4401-8E0C-C68286DC09A3.jpeg

E64E5729-1D01-4DC0-BBA2-6AE51FBF8BC4.jpeg

42467AD9-D6E2-432F-8D82-E622F607D8EE.jpeg

Hi Colossus and welcome to the boards!  I think because of the issues on the spine, the stains on the back cover and the tear on the front, I'd be about 1.8.  It wouldn't surprise me if it came back 1.5.  Still an amazing book and I would definitely be happy to own it.  On a side note, I have a friend that has been going to Bonnett's for almost 40 years.  I own a few books with that same stamp.  Pretty neat to see books from a shop relatively close to me around the country.  Nice book!

Thanks! and thanks for the input, :facepalm: ah a 1.5 hurts the gut maybe I'll get someone on a good day. 1.8 I can definitely see but I've seen a lot of 1.5 with detached covers and centerfold and big chunks missing from the cover. Everything is firmly attached on this and no tape ect.  Well if it comes back a 1.5 it will be one of the nicest presenting ones I've seen :)  .

Oh that's really? It's nice to hear of a LCS opened for that long. I really like date stamps it adds character.

21 hours ago, colossus is awesome! said:

Thanks for everyones input. The comic god's were with me came back a 2.0

1.8 for me but it certainly still has 2.0 eye appeal. Glad it came back a 2.0 and nice videos you have on youtube. 

Yeah , I don’t know everything is attached at the staples, there is no chunks missing, nor marvel chipping and no tape so I think it warrents a 2.0 but I could see a 1.8.. I mean I def seen worse books with the cover completely detached get 2.0s i think I got lucky not adding tape to the rip I think If I did that it would have came back as a 1.8 

Edited by colossus is awesome!