• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Locked site

10 posts in this topic

Is this site ever going to open again?  Just crazy low points on all the St.John publications with Matt Baker covers and art.

Example: Teenage Romances # 32. My copy, an 8.5, assigned 206 points. FMV right now is $4-5K for this copy. I could go on for great lengths with examples.

I don't understand why the site is still locked!?  I cannot believe it about budget issues or something.

JT

• Administrator

Get your requests ready. The thread will be unlocked after the first of the year. I have been working diligently to have all set and expansion requests fulfilled by the end of the year to prepare for the onslaught of score adjustments to come. 

All the best,

-m.

14 minutes ago, TheGirlHasNoName said:

Get your requests ready. The thread will be unlocked after the first of the year. I have been working diligently to have all set and expansion requests fulfilled by the end of the year to prepare for the onslaught of score adjustments to come. 

All the best,

-m.

Great news ! Suggestion, why don't you lock and put on hold the set and expansion thread until you can get caught up with scores adjustments. Us Vintage collectors have waited for years to have some score adjustments reflect the real world and make the registry relevant. Surely, the Modern collectors can wait a while on all their variants and obscure set requests. Thanks for listening. Make the Registry Great Again !!!!

• Administrator

Thank you for the suggestion.

However, I'm going to stick to Plan A. I understand your frustration that your scores are not properly reflecting what is happening in today's market and you can't wait to see your points skyrocket. I get it.  However, building sets and making expansion is about giving the collector a place, any place, to put their comics. You, at least, have a place to put them...  just would like to see the points you deserve. As you should...

Set Expansion and New Sets aren't just a Moderns Guy's world... I put up Little Iodine from Dell yesterday... far from a Modern Book. That said, all collections matter.

Modern guys, Vintage guys, I think you ALL are the coolest...

Hang tight... The day I shower you with higher scores is upon us!

All the best this holiday season,

-m.

On 12/15/2017 at 9:28 AM, TheGirlHasNoName said:

Get your requests ready. 

All the best,

-m.

I just added a Silver Age book to my registry, FMV 750.00, Registry Points 23 . My point is that across the board, for most of the whole Registry, the point values are woefully outdated. Rather than us giving specific requests to you, and you manually enter them one at a time,  why not have a process that first sweeps the whole registry with some kind of formula ? Otherwise, this will be an impossible task. (shrug)

Indeed. Detective Comics 29 5.0 slight resto worth 3500 points. :smirk: Second Batman cover, Dr Death. Close to a $30K book. A 6.5 just sold for $42K.

Entry level blue copies will sell for $20-25K/point.

Edited by Gotham Kid

• Administrator

There is no one more than me that wishes there was a magic button to just update the scores in one sweep. The system does run on a formula already for the different grades and labels, but there has to be a human element entering data that there is a huge difference between Detective Comics 29 and the Deadpool that came out last week. 

If we could figure out a way to have all slots with "this score" to go up "x" amount, that would be amazing. However, what about books that have gone down in points? How would the system know that difference? How about the books that do have the correct score?

I love this theory with the depths of my soul, but even if we did come up with a fix (which I can't even imagine), this would be a huge project that would be months and months (if not years) of development...

...and that would be after I get approval for funding.

I'm sorry to say, for the both of us, that the old request method seems to be the viable option right now.

13 hours ago, TheGirlHasNoName said:

There is no one more than me that wishes there was a magic button to just update the scores in one sweep. The system does run on a formula already for the different grades and labels, but there has to be a human element entering data that there is a huge difference between Detective Comics 29 and the Deadpool that came out last week. 

If we could figure out a way to have all slots with "this score" to go up "x" amount, that would be amazing. However, what about books that have gone down in points? How would the system know that difference? How about the books that do have the correct score?

I love this theory with the depths of my soul, but even if we did come up with a fix (which I can't even imagine), this would be a huge project that would be months and months (if not years) of development...

...and that would be after I get approval for funding.

I'm sorry to say, for the both of us, that the old request method seems to be the viable option right now.

I understand. Thanks for the response. Working under the assumption we will have to individually make requests to you, perhaps we can have a standardized format for our requests. A 'form' or template to utilize. Years ago, we would literally have to make a case for each request citing specific examples of sales. The chose of how many more points to assign was still with CGC. Gemma used to take a conservative approach and often the new points assignment were still woefully low, prompting yet another request for review, and waiting in the queue again. How can we do this right, make sure it is accurate the first time around ? How do you want our requests to look ? As mentioned, perhaps  give us a format

Edited by Bomber-Bob

Here's another one for you:

Tec 33 9.4 A-5 (just listed on ComicLink) - 30K book - 143520 points

Tec 33 2.5 Universal - 30K book - 7360 points

WTF !? :screwy:

Edited by Gotham Kid