• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best of 2017.... The Results are in
4 4

116 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, Brian Peck said:
Someone is using the Best of over on the Comicartwrangler-l list to promote art they entered in the Best of. The best of was never intended to pimp art sales. This is in very poor taste to piggy back your art sales on the back of Best of. Best of was always intended as a forum to discover art people have missed being posted over the previous year. 
To all, in future DO NOT USE the Lowry for commercial purposes to promote sale of art you own. I know Bill doesn’t appreciate wasting his time to help promote someone’s sales. If this happens in the future, may take steps to restrict the person’s access to the Lowry.

Be Seeing You,
Brian

should pieces that are available for sale be allowed to be entered into the lowry?  I know I saw one piece that had a price tag associated with it. 

41 minutes ago, eewwnuk said:

should pieces that are available for sale be allowed to be entered into the lowry?  I know I saw one piece that had a price tag associated with it. 

We discourage having prices on pieces in the Lowry. While I did look at all pieces when I voted I didnt look at the descriptions. It should NOT have prices if entered in best of.

18 minutes ago, Brian Peck said:

We discourage having prices on pieces in the Lowry. While I did look at all pieces when I voted I didnt look at the descriptions. It should NOT have prices if entered in best of.

@eewwnukand I are probably looking at the same piece. When you brought up the issue I went back to look at the piece and saw that there’s a “For Sale” status option. Perhaps that should be disabled?

Thanks for another great year in review! It's always fun to look back at the pieces acquired over a year and discover pieces that I may have missed.

Thanks to all who voted for either of the 2 pieces I entered (15 votes and 10 votes!), I know it's hard to decide where to put votes and I am happy to see others found something to like in them. Good hunting to all of you in 2018!

I also voted for the Little Princess page.  So nice to see his detailed colored work.

I hadn't participated in the Best Of since 2010, but am glad I did this year.  Lots of nice art on display.  Although, seems like there used to be more participants.

Four out of my five pieces received votes, thanks to all that voted!

-Anthony

My first time participating in this. Lots of great pieces on show! Thanks to the 9 people with clearly impeccable taste ((:) who voted for the Lily Renee "Lost World" splash page. I hope I have something to contribute for 2018 Best Of.

-Jay

On 1/22/2018 at 12:25 PM, Brian Peck said:
Thanks to everyone who participated, really fun to see so many great pieces. Congratulations to all!!!!!!!

Best Of Categories Voting Results:

Published/Unpublished: Covers

Published: Splash Pages, Pinups

Published: Interior Panel Pages

Published: Strip Art

Published/Unpublished: Commissions

Unpublished: Sketch Covers/Convention Sketches

Unpublished/Published: Other

Disappointing this cant be archived.

3 hours ago, Stefanomjr said:

Disappointing this cant be archived.

It was crawled back in 2006 and 2007 by the Internet Archive-

https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://www.comicartfans.com/BestOfResultsList.asp?BOId=2

https://web.archive.org/web/20060308015031/https://www.comicartfans.com/BestOfResultsList.asp?BOId=2

Edited by BCarter27

30 minutes ago, Stefanomjr said:

That guy Gene Park’s Spider-Man 98 cover (worship)