• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

There will finally be a good Fantastic Four movie
1 1

17 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, bluechip said:

Evidently what was holding it up was that I first had to divest of the only KIrby FF art that I had.   

You're welcome.

lol

Bob, I'm sorry to hear that you're a reliable market indicator!

:foryou:

5 hours ago, bluechip said:

Evidently what was holding it up was that I first had to divest of the only KIrby FF art that I had.   

You're welcome.

If you sell me your Thing pillow, it might guarantee a decent sequel as well hm GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Edited by jimjum12

I know this idea isn't going to be in step with how the current Marvel Universe is portrayed (being in present day)-- but I would like to see them make a Fantastic Four movie as if it were a period piece set in the 1960s. The science doesn't have to be correct to what we know-- it can go along with what was in the books (like the space travel stuff for example).

The fashions-- the look and feel of New York in the 1960s-- I think that would really sell and it would help the characters seem less corny. Dial back the Hulk to the way he was back then as well -- not the roid monster of today but something softer looking like he was when he first battles the Thing (if that were part of the movie).

All the FF movies I've seen to date try to wow you with effects and while certain stuff  like Mr Fantastic or the Torch need that-- using an exact version of the original FF car would be pretty cool. Maybe they did that and I forgot - the movies were pretty lame though the second one with Dr. Doom was better.

I would really like to see the next FF movie focus on Doom, showing his rise to power from nothing to ruling

a small country somewhere in Europe. As he then threatens the world, the FF arise and thwart his scheme, but

leaving him as ruler at the end of the first movie. Marvel needs serious villains who don't just bite it at the end of

the movie. Dr. Strange could certainly be involved given Doom's magic...

All these suggestions are worthwhile because the source material is rich.   Marvel and Disney will act with understandable trepidation and caution, because of the pressure to get it right after the failures (and the middling films somewhat unfairly characterized as failures).   But they will no doubt become more confident as the creative table revisits some of the many successful stories from the source material.   Some of the people at Fox just never trusted the source material and made clear at times they didn't like it or understand why anybody else did.   That's not to say they are bad creatives; they did fine work on other things.   They just simply shouldn't have been the ones who made the calls regarding how to bring the FF to life.   It is a tricky thing making these projects work, when you have to satisfy people with opposing views and the group often includes people who would never go to that movie if they were a civilian, yet they don't want to be out of the loop so they make sure to be or stay involved.   Sometimes that sort of naysayer can actually contribute a really useful observation that pushes the others in an interesting direction.   But more often they can be destructive, you need a system which can weed out the good while keeping the bad.   A creative "hack" as a person who  creates something they don't really think is good but they believe the audience -- which they don't respect -- likes it anyway.   But even that can be better than a naysayer who dislikes the source material so much they force changes to elements of the material they know people like to make into something "not as bad" and all tyhe succeed in doing is making something new -which the audience they don't respect won't like - and which they still don't like themselves. 

3 hours ago, bluechip said:

A creative "hack" as a person who  creates something they don't really think is good but they believe the audience -- which they don't respect -- likes it anyway.   

That sounds like the entire Warner Brothers' lot (which is where I work). 

Those Hacks drive very, very nice automobiles. 

4 hours ago, kimik said:

The FF will be tough to make relevant since it is a lame property in today's media market. Look at the Inhumans TV show..........

.....what is the actual name of that show ? I keep forgetting to check it out.... GOD BLESS...

On 12/20/2017 at 3:29 PM, jimjum12 said:

.....what is the actual name of that show ? I keep forgetting to check it out.... GOD BLESS...

The Inhumans.

On 12/18/2017 at 2:40 AM, 01TheDude said:

I know this idea isn't going to be in step with how the current Marvel Universe is portrayed (being in present day)-- but I would like to see them make a Fantastic Four movie as if it were a period piece set in the 1960s. The science doesn't have to be correct to what we know-- it can go along with what was in the books (like the space travel stuff for example).

I agree. Just like they did with a previous X-men movie. It was awesome.