• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

please help me What should i buy
2 2

34 posts in this topic

hi guys i have been collecting comics for almost 13 years now and not once have i ever dared to spend $1000 on a single book, i mean sure i could've many times but i chose not too, im not saying i have not bought expensive books, but i always try to stay arounf a mid grade lower grade average so i can still aford keys just lower grade, but its time i am ready to spend it. i have about $1050, i am a big ASM fan and am almost done with my issues 2 through 50 run but i really just want to know what books are worth an investment and if anyone has any books they want to PM that good too. i have done lots of research and my freind offered to sell his incomplete (missing last page) .5 copy of JIM 83, i am also a big joker fan but i cant find a tec 71 in my price range i have found pages from batman 1 which ahve awesome panels of the joker in it which are about $400 each, but once again buying these pages would technically mean i did not make a big $1000 purchase does anyone know what i should get... LMK, also i know it should be something i like but honestly i dont have a favriote hero, though i would say give me spidey and batman books which would be cool to get, also not looking for anything high grade maybe mid to low grade, thanks  

Edited by Aliens

i wouldn't put my money into an incomplete book (ok maybe a GA key, but not a SA book).

I also wouldn't "invest" in a single page. If you were a batman fanatic and a single.page was a way for you to own a bit of a 'Tec 27, sure. but not as an investment.

if you really wanted a misgrade key you could go with...

midgrade IH181 (5.0-5.5).  Potential for Xmen coming to Avengers in movies. Wolverine will be front and center. 

misgrade ASM14 (5.5-6.0) New ASM movie reboot seems good, no way they dont reintroduce Green Goblin soon.

5 minutes ago, Aliens said:

well i guess what im really looking for re cool GA joker covers and pages to Batman 1, early joker stuff

Well then do it! You dont need us to convince you of it. It's your collection isn't it?

11 hours ago, oakman29 said:

I really hate these type of threads. I mean really, who are we to suggest anything. 

How are we to know what you want or like? We could guess? Or you could man up and buy what you want.(shrug)

We are the keepers of the internet and thus experts on all things.

Edited by ygogolak

11 hours ago, oakman29 said:

I really hate these type of threads. I mean really, who are we to suggest anything. 

How are we to know what you want or like? We could guess? Or you could man up and buy what you want.(shrug)

The only reason I replied was that he said the word invest. Which would be different than buying what you like. But it seems like OP is leaning towards books he likes... Which is cool too

3 minutes ago, KirbyJack said:
On 17/12/2017 at 5:12 PM, Aliens said:

found my "gail" lol thanks for the feedback

Well, tell us already!

Yes, do!

And who is Gail?