• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does anyone know what a Review consist of, vice Regrading?

3 posts in this topic

Recently submitted an autographed comic book to CGC for SS.  Book came back as an SS CGC 9.6.  Had a question concerning the notes provided and emailed CGC, which they responded in a timely manner.  I had two choices; e.g., regrading or review.  I chose review.  I will take responsiblity for not asking what a review consist of, which is why I am asking the subject matter experts here.  In addition, upon receiving said book from the reveiw, CGC provided no new notes as to the review.  Seriously thinking on cracking it, due to rarity and value of book; e.g., Danger Girl 2 (Ruby Red Cover).  Thank you.

3 hours ago, Otter1775 said:

Recently submitted an autographed comic book to CGC for SS.  Book came back as an SS CGC 9.6.  Had a question concerning the notes provided and emailed CGC, which they responded in a timely manner.  I had two choices; e.g., regrading or review.  I chose review.  I will take responsiblity for not asking what a review consist of, which is why I am asking the subject matter experts here.  In addition, upon receiving said book from the reveiw, CGC provided no new notes as to the review.  Seriously thinking on cracking it, due to rarity and value of book; e.g., Danger Girl 2 (Ruby Red Cover).  Thank you.

I don't think CGC advertises the 'review' process. I suspect many have never heard of it. This is my understanding of the process. You send it back in the slab and they look at it in the slab. If they think it should be graded higher, they will regrade it and you will be charged a grading fee that is one tier below what you originally submitted it under. If they think it is graded properly, they simply send it back. You didn't say but it sounds like they simply sent it back ? If so, there is no new notes because they didn't regrade it. Think hard about cracking it. As a SS, if you crack it open, you will get a Qualified label if you ever regrade it, not a yellow SS label.