• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your Top 3 Personal Comic Book/Original Art Acquisitions of 2017!
4 4

99 posts in this topic

Hey Gang, :hi:

My only positive contribution to the CGC boards is this my annual thread.

Show the comic board community your Top 3 Comic Book and/or Original Art purchases for your collection for the year ending 2017!

Unfortunately I did not locate the one book in the grade I wanted in 2017, so in celebration of Marvel getting the rights to FF back I will post my top acquistion of last year.

5a308982c3739_FantasticFour1.jpg.8f37dc9d1b05570554eecf3d829803ee.jpg

(Post only personal acquisitions, and not items you have sold or dealer profit books, etc...)

Provide a little background on each item in relation to why they were your top priority in 2017.

From my family to yours wishing everyone a Happy Holiday Season!

John (nwo comics)

wow I posted this thread hours ago after two boardies PMed me asking if I was going to do it again.

Usually after 3 hours this thread has 2-3 pages. 

I don't know what is worse SW Last Jedi or how terrible the CGC boards have become. :flamed:

Edited by NewWorldOrder

Just now, NewWorldOrder said:

wow I posted this thread hours ago after two boardies PMed me asking if I was going to do it again.

I don't know what is worse SW Last Jedi or how terrible the CGC boards have become. :flamed:

Easy, SW Last Jedi ... what have they done with my boy Luke!!!!

2 minutes ago, NewWorldOrder said:

I like your thread. (shrug)

4 minutes ago, NewWorldOrder said:

you are good , that was a gold only thread

The IH 181 and MP 2 (signed by Len Wein 'RIP' and Gerry Conway) were upgrades and the X-men 12 (signed by Stan) was semi- a present for my birthday :) 

Incredible Hulk CGC 7.5 OW-W pages.jpg

Marvel Preview 2 CGC 8.0 SS Len Wein Gerry Conway.jpg

Xmen 12 CGC 5.5 SS Stan Lee.jpg

Nothing too fancy...dipped my foot into original art this year.  Bought three pages, but the Gleason/Gray full page from Superman Rebirth is my favorite.  It's very cheesy and I love it.  The Darkseid was my first OA purchase.  I'm a big Starlin fan, so I'm happy it was my first.  The other Superman page by Grummett was chosen because it's topical to what I do professionally and adorns my office wall.  Cheers to 2018!

superman0613.jpg

Starlin OA.jpg

Superman 4 Prez.jpg