• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your Top 3 Personal Comic Book/Original Art Acquisitions of 2017!
4 4

99 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Item 1 - ASM 39 CGC 4.0 SS - Signed by Stan Lee and John Romita.  While not the highest grade out there, I always wanted a classic Spider-man book signed by both of these giants. I do not have any comic books on display in my house except this book which resides in the cabinet.  I have the 9.0 for my ASM set but THIS is the book I want on display.  Purchased this April.

SS ASM 39 Romita and Lee is:cloud9: + (worship)+:golfclap: 

On 12/24/2017 at 7:52 AM, Timely said:

Here are my 3.

1. A rare Murphy Anderson greytone cover.

2. An even rarer splash page by Matt Fox.

3. A splash-like page from What If? #1.

IMG_5340.JPG

IMG_5341.JPG

IMG_5627.JPG

Strange Adventures was one of my favorite titles of my youth.  Loved the  sci-fi aspect and the Atomic Knights.  If I ever branch out from GA, that would be a possible destination for me.  Well done, West.

33 minutes ago, delekkerste said:

Picked up 23 pieces of original art this year.  Of the pieces that I've posted publicly on ComicArtFans.com (my gallery is here), these are my top 3 favorites:

Gil Kane - Amazing Spider-Man #98 cover (my second favorite issue of Spidey ever after #121 and one of my all-time favorite covers)

5a4400a9e36a0_GilKaneAmazingSpider-Man98Cover2.thumb.jpg.bc58f97caf6a2840d4f6f873c755576b.jpg

WOW ! :golfclap:

Edited by Gotham Kid

4 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

I just went through your gallery. What a fantastic collection. Truly. (worship)

Love it !

http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryroom.asp?gsub=142437

Thanks! (thumbsu

What I have online is not the tip of the iceberg by any means, but, I do have another 300-odd pieces that aren't posted, including more than 40 additional covers. hm   

6 hours ago, delekkerste said:

Picked up 23 pieces of original art this year.  Of the pieces that I've posted publicly on ComicArtFans.com (my gallery is here), these are my top 3 favorites:

Gil Kane - Amazing Spider-Man #98 cover (my second favorite issue of Spidey ever after #121 and one of my all-time favorite covers)

Bernie Wrightson - Frankenstein Plate (published in the Marvel Illustrated Novel "Mary Shelley's Frankenstein" from 1983 - just sickeningly awesome by Bernie)

Richard Giordano - Marvel Feature v. 2 (feat. Red Sonja) #1, page 1 splash (this is one of the first few comics I ever read - finder's fee paid for information that leads to the acquisition of the original cover artwork)

5a4400a9e36a0_GilKaneAmazingSpider-Man98Cover2.thumb.jpg.bc58f97caf6a2840d4f6f873c755576b.jpg

5a44010193233_BernieWrightsonFrankensteinPlateCAF.thumb.jpg.aca7c908659c80a0604db6284fafc95f.jpg

5a440115cce0a_DickGiordanoMarvelFeaturev2RedSonjap1splash.thumb.jpg.7484bf7369f1728e777f8cdc23849fe4.jpg

Beautiful Spider-man piece! Congrats! 

I'm partial to ASM 122 as far as favorites. I recently posted it on "this week in collection" thread.