• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BIN There, Done That
3 3

100 posts in this topic

There are comments once in a while on these boards that eBay is a wasteland/flea market/general mess in terms of original comic book art.  I used to troll eBay daily looking for deals, but I don't have the time or patience myself anymore. 

However, I do hear about what seem like great eBay "buy-it-now" deals once in a while, so I thought I would create a thread to discuss these instances (for example, are these actually good deals?). 

I am going to start off with a couple of BINs that have occurred his month.  I'm not including links, but I will share images and BIN prices. 

Please feel free to share any deals you come across, especially if you were too late to the party, like I almost always am.  Cheers, Lee

Iron Man #300 cover--$1,100 BIN

IM300.jpg

Not recent (maybe 2 years ago?), but there was a Neal Adams Teen Titans non-action panel page with Robin and Speedy that (IIRC) sold for $400. It sold in the >1 minute between me noticing the auction and switching tabs to confirm that Adams worked on that issue.

13 hours ago, Lee B. said:

...(for example, are these actually good deals?).

...Iron Man #300 cover--$1,100 BIN

IM300.jpg

Yes. A very good deal. Without looking up the artist I'd peg that IM cover at $6500-8500. More depending on artist, if it's not Tom Morgan (as I suspect it is).

2 hours ago, vodou said:

Yes. A very good deal. Without looking up the artist I'd peg that IM cover at $6500-8500. More depending on artist, if it's not Tom Morgan (as I suspect it is).

It’s by Kevin Hopgood and no, not worth near that much.  But worth more than $1100.  IIRC, last three Hopgood IM covers sold in 2013/2014 for about $1.5k to $2k each.

2 hours ago, vodou said:

Kerry Gammill's Marvel Fanfare #32 cover.

BIN $86 11/06/2013.

I was a few hours late and saw it under sold items.

At the time Burkey had the companion Gammill #31 cover for $3k.

gammill.jpg

I'm amazed to hear about this. I purchased this cover back in early '14 and I can assure you that it cost me more than $86!

At the time, I thought I was getting the better end of the deal. But I see now that the seller did well, too.

I used to do the search BIN OA ebay thing three times a day and have come away with some great deals over the years. I haven't even used that saved search in probably 4 or 5 years. I stopped when dealers started flooding that search with their lower end stuff and it just became too much to go through every day and not worth my time. That being said, for someone with the patience, I am sure the odd great deal still pops up from time to time.

8 hours ago, Ironmandrd said:

It’s by Kevin Hopgood and no, not worth near that much.  But worth more than $1100.  IIRC, last three Hopgood IM covers sold in 2013/2014 for about $1.5k to $2k each.

Well. Hopgood, yes that is worse than Morgan but I'd still put it at $5k. Minimum. At HA or on a big name site for perhaps 2-3 months sit and then SOLD!