• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BIN There, Done That
3 3

100 posts in this topic

One of the best deal ever on ebay. A gorgeous Peanuts sunday (with all the gang) and 4 weekly strips from 1958, for a total of 25.000 USD. Sold the 14th of October

The Sunday is already up for auction on Heritage, set for the 22-24 February, and displayed on the cover on their last mailing 

Peanuts - ebay 14 octobre 2017 -3.JPG

Peanuts - ebay 14 octobre 2017 -2.JPG

Peanuts - ebay 14 octobre 2017 - 1.JPG

Peanuts - ebay 14 octobre 2017 -4.JPG

Edited by Comic Art Factory

11 hours ago, Comic Art Factory said:

One of the best deal ever on ebay. A gorgeous Peanuts sunday (with all the gang) and 4 weekly strips from 1958, for a total of 25.000 USD. Sold the 14th of October

The Sunday is already up for auction on Heritage, set for the 22-24 February, and displayed on the cover on their last mailing 

Peanuts - ebay 14 octobre 2017 -3.JPG

Peanuts - ebay 14 octobre 2017 -2.JPG

Peanuts - ebay 14 octobre 2017 - 1.JPG

Peanuts - ebay 14 octobre 2017 -4.JPG

I expect the Sunday to go for an obscene amount of money.

10 hours ago, Panelfan1 said:

Just buy it. Or is it too good to be true?

It’s a bit out of my normal price range. And I would only be buying it because it’s a relative deal, not because I love the art. Not sure I want to go down the road of being a flipper. 

1 hour ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

It’s a bit out of my normal price range. And I would only be buying it because it’s a relative deal, not because I love the art. Not sure I want to go down the road of being a flipper. 

If it's as good as you make it out to be, somebody somewhere will arb it. Might as well be you. If nothing else you could take comfort in trying to trade it with somebody who does love the art for something they have that you love but cannot otherwise swing for. That's a way that ends up with everybody happy!

51 minutes ago, vodou said:

If it's as good as you make it out to be, somebody somewhere will arb it. Might as well be you. If nothing else you could take comfort in trying to trade it with somebody who does love the art for something they have that you love but cannot otherwise swing for. That's a way that ends up with everybody happy!

If the price point was lower, I probably would. I am just not a flipper/seller. I don’t but art with that mentality. 

That said, Imstill thinking about it. And tgelonger the piece sits there with no one snapping it up, the more I wonder whether I am pricing it right. 

1 hour ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

If the price point was lower, I probably would. I am just not a flipper/seller. I don’t but art with that mentality. 

That said, Imstill thinking about it. And tgelonger the piece sits there with no one snapping it up, the more I wonder whether I am pricing it right. 

If it is in the right ebay category, with no typos and decent scans, there is no way it is a good deal if it is still sitting there all this time 

You probably value it higher than the market, which is something we all do. 

Malvin 

34 minutes ago, malvin said:

If it is in the right ebay category, with no typos and decent scans, there is no way it is a good deal if it is still sitting there all this time 

You probably value it higher than the market, which is something we all do. 

Malvin 

I asked someone I trust about it and they agreed it was a deal. I’m not sure why it’s still sitting there, but it doesn’t have a lot of people following it. So it may be kind of hidden. There is no way the piece would not receive attention otherwise. 

3 hours ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

I asked someone I trust about it and they agreed it was a deal. I’m not sure why it’s still sitting there, but it doesn’t have a lot of people following it. So it may be kind of hidden. There is no way the piece would not receive attention otherwise. 

If you're not going to buy it, link it here.

On 1/20/2018 at 4:44 PM, PhilipB2k17 said:

It’s not like you’re deceiving the seller with a story to get a discount. It’s for sale. Buy it. Sell for a profit and funnel the funds back into the hobby for something you love. 

I recently BINed one cover and a cover-worthy illustration by Pat Olliffe from Catskill Comics for 400 $, thanks to following him via Facebook.

Pat Olliffe may not draw the most attention but he is a solid artist, under appreciated as far as I'm concerned.

On 1/19/2018 at 5:46 PM, comix4fun said:

You can say that again.

This is why I'm a lousy OA opportunist.  If I saw this for $1500, I would have no idea it was a good deal (or not) since I don't pay attention to the Sandman market.  So what's fmv on this?  Just curious.