• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

REVEAL THREAD - Official 2017 CGC Chat Boards Holiday Gift Exchange
8 8

189 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, frozentundraguy said:

Now for the sweet run of Worlds Finest comics and MAD.

secret_santa2.JPG

Glad everything got to you safe and sound and that you enjoyed the gifts! I picked up the card games as a little add-on because I saw you mention you collected some vintage games in a post a while back... the dealer said he thought they were from the late '40s but wasn't entirely sure. 

Merry Christmas to everyone! I'm traveling with family for the holidays so won't be able to get to my SS package for a while, yet, but can't wait to check it out because the gifts revealed here have been simply awesome this year! :applause:

5 minutes ago, Avi said:

Big thanks to @CAHokie for these goodies! Love the Holiday Harley statue and excited to read Challenges of the unknown!

IMG_20171226_095338.jpg

You are welcome! I have one of those statues for myself too, lol.

3 hours ago, thirdgreenham said:

Amazing gifts, everyone! :applause: 

When I look at the great effort put towards these gifts, I can only hold my head in shame. :facepalm: 

My Santa did such an incredible job and hit it out of the park! Thanks @Phicks

I had asked for good reading trade paperbacks and I’m really looking forward to digging into these. I haven’t read any of these books so I’m very excited. (thumbsu 

Thanks again!! (worship) 

-Andy

CBCAEB05-8AD0-4608-A847-90292328F133.jpeg

You are very welcome, and I am glad to hear you have not read any of them before.  BTW , the Black Panther TPB contains "Panther's Rage" from the md 70s.  Based on the trailers so far for the Black Panther movie, it looks like they are using some of Panther's Rage as source material for the movie.  

4 hours ago, smithdatura said:

Glad everything got to you safe and sound and that you enjoyed the gifts! I picked up the card games as a little add-on because I saw you mention you collected some vintage games in a post a while back... the dealer said he thought they were from the late '40s but wasn't entirely sure. 

Merry Christmas to everyone! I'm traveling with family for the holidays so won't be able to get to my SS package for a while, yet, but can't wait to check it out because the gifts revealed here have been simply awesome this year! :applause:

Great work smithdatura. (thumbsu Turns out there is another unexpected bonus as Worlds Finest #148 contains a Congorilla story from Adventure Comics #270 (Mar. 1960)

WF1482_sp_cong.JPG

On 25.12.2017 at 1:00 PM, 999ghosts said:

A big thank you to Enrico. Loved it! Star Wars and Disney makes me very happy. Love this boards. So much fun being part of this event. Now, if you don’t mind, I’m off enjoying my presents.

81D29BBC-2E24-4975-9BA0-1CC33CEA8384.thumb.jpeg.c909515b4cb7572bf25d8990d2afe1fc.jpegC0EA0CE7-3059-4613-90AD-230E949F5274.thumb.jpeg.9f5d498c72b15b2bff604c9581e9c0c6.jpeg7EE21020-1503-46CA-8065-1A24D73DB673.thumb.jpeg.eadc5a88c5a864aaf932b1d679fe90b1.jpeg6EBD6C76-2FC4-4E37-8AAF-A4A453DFFB6B.thumb.jpeg.37563261b90079d64d9c44e0788f5486.jpeg

Glad you like it :whee:
Being a Disney and Star Wars Fan myself  it was even more fun to choose things for your present :)

Edited by Zalgardos

4 hours ago, wolverine180 said:

Some very awesome thoughtful gifts from everyone. Glad I was able to participate. This was extremely fun.  Hopefully everyone got there gifts and were happy. So thanks again for putting this on and all the work involve Holiday Ham, Holly Jolly. Merry Christmas again to all. Only 364 days till next one lol

(worship)

12 hours ago, Comic Book Guy said:

Thank you to my Secret Santa, Reno McCoy (James). I am a huge Walking Dead fan so I really appreciate all the thought and love all of the great gifts! :headbang:

I received The Walking Dead #100 Chromium Edition (nice and minty), 2 TWD Funko Mini Mystery Figures, plus 2 issues of a really cool book that he worked on called, House of Fear. :cloud9:

I have been wanting this variant of #100 for my TWD collection and am thrilled to finally have it!  I got an awesome Walker & Daryl's bike in the mystery boxes and I am going to

enjoy reading the House of Fear books as soon as I get over this flu like bug that has been kicking my butt. 

Thanks again James,  Happy New Year to you and your family! 

Mike :smile:

20171224_062150.jpg

20171224_062249.jpg

Those Mystery Minis are so much cooler than I thought they might be. When I bought them, I quickly realized that I wanted some for myself. Not Walking Dead, perhaps, but I imagine I'll be buying some in my future.