• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

REVEAL THREAD - Official 2017 CGC Chat Boards Holiday Gift Exchange
8 8

189 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

Well, it is the Christmas season and people are on holidays and on the road.  I'm trying to stay positive here.

People, if you received a Secret Santa gift and you didn't send one out you're letting someone down.  I also think it's time to consider adding people who don't send gifts to the probation thread for a failure to complete a transaction as agreed on.

You positive Pete :baiting:

On 12/26/2017 at 5:35 PM, wolverine180 said:

Some very awesome thoughtful gifts from everyone. Glad I was able to participate. This was extremely fun.  Hopefully everyone got there gifts and were happy. So thanks again for putting this on and all the work involve Holiday Ham, Holly Jolly. Merry Christmas again to all. Only 364 days till next one lol

Maybe next year we can enlist the help from @GiftGuardian_nyc He's been missed. :foryou:

I haven't received mine yet but have NO ISSUES because he contacted me saying it had not arrived yet and he was going away for Christmas. I think that's the way it should be handled as I'm fully aware of whats happening and have no worries and not wondering where mine is

On 12/28/2017 at 6:00 PM, oakman29 said:

I've gotta say I'm kinda bummed that my SS recipient didn't reveal his gift I got him. I really researched thanks to skypinkblu , and went to several comic shops to find what he wanted.

I'm glad he likes it though.

I know how you feel. A couple of years ago, my Santa was disappointed in his gift but he still thanked me despite it.  So last year I was determined not to have that happen again and asked Skypink for help and got my guy a great item  but never heard anything. I stewed about it and felt bad that I failed again, so I typed him. He actually loved the present and needed it for his collection but just didn’t post or message it so hang in there.

I guess everyone is just a little different on how they handle the presents. For me, it doesn’t matter how much I don’t like the present, the guy sending it will get an immediate thank you note. That’s the right thing to do and hopefully everyone will do that.  Others may be on trips and can’t post pictures but hopefully can send a message. 

(* Note, my Secret Santa nailed my gift for me so the above “not liking it” is just an example)

I was hopeful that the gift I sent would reach my recipient in time (it did!) but I asked another member to send my person a note letting them know that it was headed their way so they weren't in total limbo.

Just like so many things on this board a little communication goes a long way. I know things happen, but stick to your commitments and everyone wins.

I haven't seen pictures posted here but I know he got the goodies (he sent me a thank you PM) and I haven't had a chance to reveal what I got, but I sent a thank you PM to my SS as well so we figured it out  (thumbsu

I'm willing to be a backup SS for anyone who was missed as well as needed!

I've been in contact with both parties of everyone who has reported to me about not receiving a gift.
For the most part, it looks like some shipping delays are the cause of most of these headaches.... MOST!

Thanks for all those who have offered to be back-up Santas. It is greatly appreciated and I will definitely take you up on it if the need arises. Which, given the dwindling if not already surpassed timeline might be fairly soon.
I'm new to this, and I do not want to assign a back-up for something I'm told is on its way... but I don't expect anyone to wait until spring showers bring mayflowers either.

1 hour ago, Bird said:

You da'man HollyJollyOne! Stay positive, this is a great event.

Speaking of which, I want to thank @Azkaban again for the UPGRADE! (I am so freakin' psyched for it! To me, my board!)

DSk_OT5XUAETq_f.jpg

:applause: my pleasure 

7 hours ago, HollyJollyOne said:

I've been in contact with both parties of everyone who has reported to me about not receiving a gift.
For the most part, it looks like some shipping delays are the cause of most of these headaches.... MOST!

Thanks for all those who have offered to be back-up Santas. It is greatly appreciated and I will definitely take you up on it if the need arises. Which, given the dwindling if not already surpassed timeline might be fairly soon.
I'm new to this, and I do not want to assign a back-up for something I'm told is on its way... but I don't expect anyone to wait until spring showers bring mayflowers either.

Thanks for all your work to keep the boards in Christmas spirit, you're doing a great job.

Are there Santas who have not sent a gift yet?