• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

REVEAL THREAD - Official 2017 CGC Chat Boards Holiday Gift Exchange
8 8

189 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, Unca Scrooge said:

I finally got home tonight from holiday travel and had a chance to open my gift from @toro. He knocked it out of the park and pretty much covered my entire wish list! Duck books? Check. Dave Stevens and Adam Hughes? Done. And a Panther POP! to top it all off.

Ernie, you were incredibly generous and made coming home to a busted exterior water pipe much more cheery than it could have been. Thankfully we didn’t have any damage inside the house and I’ll have some great reading when the contractor is fixing everything tomorrow!

E2467C74-1358-486E-A67A-3071D45446AA.jpeg

43F47B22-134E-488F-A132-253534FCB62D.jpeg

Glad you liked it.  I tried to cover as many bases as I could.  Very sorry to hear about the water pipe.  Hopefully it won't be too expensive.  Happy New Year!!!

3 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

When I didn't get a gift this year, HollyJolly Said there were back up Santas. I knew that, I've done it myself, but I TOLD him, that I didn't want someone sending 2 gifts out.  Then 3 other people wrote to me (all very kind people) asking if they could send something...and I thanked them, but I told them the truth, that just the fact they OFFERED made me smile and it was more than enough.

I love the exchanges, but I don't want people to go out of the way a 2nd time for me.

SO...imagine my surprise when my husband handed me a box today, marked "back up Santa".   It was REALLY a surprise...

@Ron C., you really really did not have to do this...but it was VERY VERY sweet of you (((Ron))) and much appreciated. 

I even got a comic book Christmas poem:) 

I got not 1, but 3 Wonder woman books...none of which I've ever owned. 

So, the moral is...for me, that the really really great people on here, FAR outweigh the few not quite with the program people, and I thank Ron and the other three people plus the rest of you as well. 

@HollyJollyOne

Reveal hidden contents

Bryan...you are going on the probation list for not listening;) , but thank you, too;) :foryou:

Here are pictures of the lovely books I was sent (worship)

Great wrapping paper, a lovely card (with a poem) and the books:)

5a4d6fa4681d1_santa2.thumb.jpg.c7d490b79f2aee2f0fbe08096c5837ef.jpg

5a4d6f9e75090_santa3.thumb.jpg.d30a5468022cc06723d015e7061429fc.jpg

5a4d6fab6df6d_santa1.thumb.jpg.0333f8ba23a1cdeee621322f6e50fab2.jpg

Awesome Sharon.  No boardie should be left behind, even you  :baiting:

16 minutes ago, HollyJollyOne said:

I received a notification today from the last board member standing and his present has been received.

With that being said, I want to thank everyone for a wonderful Holiday season. This community never ceases to amaze me with its friendship and generosity. It has been a fun time interacting with all of you.
Hopefully, if I'm needed for next year, I'll get to do it all over again.

-HJO

Thanks for all your hard work HJO.  

2 hours ago, HollyJollyOne said:

I received a notification today from the last board member standing and his present has been received.

With that being said, I want to thank everyone for a wonderful Holiday season. This community never ceases to amaze me with its friendship and generosity. It has been a fun time interacting with all of you.
Hopefully, if I'm needed for next year, I'll get to do it all over again.

-HJO

Thanks so much HJO!!!