• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Amazing Spider Man 1, CGC 4.5 Restored
2 2

77 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

Would you do that ? Many things wrong with that scenario. Loss, theft, etc. Then what.

Honestly, I might, would ask for registered mail and pay all shipping charges up front to minimize the concerns you outlined. Lots of red flags as we know here with this one but just a thought.  Would ask the 3rd party to open the box and make sure it's not filled with sand.  lol   Everyone was new here once and this is a viable alternative for someone new to selling to get cred if they want to establish a selling history.

5 minutes ago, MustEatBrains said:

Honestly, I might, would ask for registered mail and pay all shipping charges up front to minimize the concerns you outlined. Lots of red flags as we know here with this one but just a thought.  Would ask the 3rd party to open the box and make sure it's not filled with sand.  lol   Everyone was new here once and this is a viable alternative for someone new to selling to get cred if they want to establish a selling history.

I agree- I would do the same. 

I am wondering who bought the book (unless I missed it). Whoever that is (if real)- I hope they post their experience. There was a HFH 1 this seller posted that I was tempted to buy for an excellent price. I will kick myself if these sales are legit. Fingers crossed for all involved 

4 minutes ago, Gregd said:
12 minutes ago, ednodve3 said:

ill think about to ship and then to get paid , i can ship after the holidays ( after 27 december )

I will take the book if this is true.

i will also post my experience. 

and you are ? You have 300 posts and have been on the boards for a year.

"long standing" would be someone who has been on the Boards for years, preferably one that has bought and sold numerous times and with plenty of Kudos to go with it.

Edited by Gotham Kid

Just now, MustEatBrains said:

Looks like you claimed I it, so if he agrees with those terms you are the winner, hopefully :wishluck:.

I think this is a low risk way of seeing if we have a good seller to welcome into our community. 

14 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

and you are ? You have 300 posts and have been on the boards for a year.

"long standing" would be someone who has been on the Boards for years, preferably one that has bought and sold numerous times and with plenty of Kudos to go with it.

Think he's just buying it, he still needs to find the go between assuming seller goes that route.

If the book sold for $3700 a few months ago and the seller feels like $1900 (50% off) is a fair price because "it's restored" (wtf !?), why not list it on Comiclink for $2100 ? Book will likely be bought instantly, he gets his $1900 and no worries. He gets paid, book gets delivered.

Edited by Gotham Kid

Just now, MustEatBrains said:

Think he's just buying it, he still needs to find the go between assuming seller goes that route.

We agreed to have it shipped to me first then pay on receipt. This is incredibly generous and if all goes well he should be commended to agreeing to those terms.

30 minutes ago, ednodve3 said:

i can ship to 3rd party thats not a problem or anyone you say people,  i hope i ll be get paid after that !!!

That's great. If anyone would be willing to be the third party PM me. I know we have some very experienced comic sellers here with stellar reputations.

I was the first I take offer on this book.  I even offered more than asking price, $2,500 with no fees to save the seller a bunch of money, but he needs to ship to me first for payment as I have 7 years and a ton of kudos feedback on similar high end books and he is from Bulgaria and has zero feedback.   I have not yet heard back on that offer, so I think that demonstrates if it is real or not unless he actually decides to accept it and ship me the book.  If that happens, I will surely let everyone know, but I am not holding my breath!