• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Amazing Spider Man 1, CGC 4.5 Restored
2 2

77 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Gotham Kid said:

again, from who ? Metro ?

And in my day 1 PM on payment, terms/shipping etc, asked this same question directly along with a few others that I never heard back on, only general responses like got it on my trip to NY.  OK, really?  Who in NY just paid over $3K  (according to GPA sales data) and flipped it right after for $1,800?  OK, Maybe he got a 5 finger special while he was there, is Metro missing an asm 1?  hm  lol

2 minutes ago, TC33 said:

I was the first I take offer on this book.  I even offered more than asking price, $2,500 with no fees to save the seller a bunch of money, but he needs to ship to me first for payment as I have 7 years and a ton of kudos feedback on similar high end books and he is from Bulgaria and has zero feedback.   I have not yet heard back on that offer, so I think that demonstrates if it is real or not unless he actually decides to accept it and ship me the book.  If that happens, I will surely let everyone know, but I am not holding my breath!

sorry i didnt saw your offer , i got a ton of PMs !! as i said before 10 min ago i will ship first to the buyer or 3rd party or whatever you told me to  , the main concern for me is to get paid after you get "AS". If anyone is willing to pay me first via paypal then i to ship he is with priority.

8 minutes ago, ednodve3 said:
15 minutes ago, TC33 said:

I was the first I take offer on this book.  I even offered more than asking price, $2,500 with no fees to save the seller a bunch of money, but he needs to ship to me first for payment as I have 7 years and a ton of kudos feedback on similar high end books and he is from Bulgaria and has zero feedback.   I have not yet heard back on that offer, so I think that demonstrates if it is real or not unless he actually decides to accept it and ship me the book.  If that happens, I will surely let everyone know, but I am not holding my breath!

sorry i didnt saw your offer , i got a ton of PMs !! as i said before 10 min ago i will ship first to the buyer or 3rd party or whatever you told me to  , the main concern for me is to get paid after you get "AS". If anyone is willing to pay me first via paypal then i to ship he is with priority.

Well, you have your buyer. He would commit to a $2500 payment after he receives the book. Ship, get paid and earn a boatload of recognition here on the boards in the process.

Edited by Gotham Kid

I posted the :takeit:before anyone right after you posted this listing and you were going back and forth on PM with me.  After I did not get any of the responses to questions like that I was hoping for to ease my concerns, I decided to offer you more money to ship to me directly and get paid upon arrival, I can provide hundreds of references.  You said you would consider that and then never got back to me.  I can guarantee nobody else on these boards will pay you directly BEFORE YOU SHIP IT TO THEM either as this whole thing reeks of a SCAM/FRAUD.  If somehow you have really convinced yourself that this deal is for real, my offer was the first at or above asking price, so feel free to PM me and work out shipping details to show us all wrong (I can provide 15+ years of feedback between ebay and CGC boards sales.  I will then clear your name and give you positive feedback so you can then start selling many other books on these boards with payments first and without all these problems.   The over under on this being legit at Vegas is not looking real good right now though.  lol

1 minute ago, 1950's war comics said:

No kidding this influx of new members with board names that are just random letters for the most part and nothing to do with comics books is a huge red flag..

actually thats my name , my real name , is that a problem ?

1 hour ago, MustEatBrains said:
1 hour ago, Gotham Kid said:

Would you do that ? Many things wrong with that scenario. Loss, theft, etc. Then what.

Honestly, I might, would ask for registered mail and pay all shipping charges up front to minimize the concerns you outlined. Lots of red flags as we know here with this one but just a thought.  Would ask the 3rd party to open the box and make sure it's not filled with sand.  lol   Everyone was new here once and this is a viable alternative for someone new to selling to get cred if they want to establish a selling history.

Cash on delivery.  My brother collects stamps, and he once told me that many of the transactions in the world of stamp collecting were "payment upon approval" or something like that - which was basically ship me the goods, and if I approve, I pay, if I don't, I ship back.  With all of the yahoos in the comic collecting world now (bag grading, no back cover scans, deceptive photography, people-who-don't-grade-good, and just outright scammers), it might make sense to return to this.

15 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Cash on delivery.  My brother collects stamps, and he once told me that many of the transactions in the world of stamp collecting were "payment upon approval" or something like that - which was basically ship me the goods, and if I approve, I pay, if I don't, I ship back.  With all of the yahoos in the comic collecting world now (bag grading, no back cover scans, deceptive photography, people-who-don't-grade-good, and just outright scammers), it might make sense to return to this.

This thread is a total hot mess.

I will say, however, that the photographs look legit. Look at the tear pattern at the bottom of the label as it runs across the slab. Looks genuine to me. (shrug)

Serial number runs okay.

But everything else, and I mean everything else, about the dealer is rather shady.

OK,  Seller agreed to ship to me directly.  I promised to pay $2,500 immediately upon delivery of the actual comic pictured.  I promised to clear his name and give + feedback if he actually delivers as promised.  I will let you all know.  Don't expect shipping from Bulgaria to be too quick though.  Post office closed through Christmas etc.  :wishluck:

57 minutes ago, TC33 said:

And in my day 1 PM on payment, terms/shipping etc, asked this same question directly along with a few others that I never heard back on, only general responses like got it on my trip to NY.  OK, really?  Who in NY just paid over $3K  (according to GPA sales data) and flipped it right after for $1,800?  OK, Maybe he got a 5 finger special while he was there, is Metro missing an asm 1?  hm  lol

It's the holiday season. Let's give this guy a break. He can decide who he feels comfortable selling to and the buyer has to be comfortable with the sale. If he is legit- he certainly has been called many things including a thief that was unwarranted.

I think in the future we need to be a bit more civil with posts. Understand there are scam artists out there but we can simply state what our expectations are. And perhaps the community needs to have a standard for such a situation that we can simply  refer to so that these posts don't devolve into a mess. 

Just my 2 cents. In the words of JimJum- "God Bless!"

3 hours ago, ednodve3 said:

rec1978  , but he changed his mind

To whom it may concern/help,

I will say that Mitko was very polite to me, and did send me the exact picture I asked for, below (view from the top, which most don't seem to take on their own); I just can't shake the thought of the book being offered for $2,000 less than it was sold for a few months back (sometimes, one's own greed can override their common sense, which is what I nearly allowed to happen).

If Mitko is legitimate, I wish him and the buyer the best; my suggestion, to him, was for him to start out with a much smaller book, and move up to a larger one, such as this.

Ron

xmm.jpg

15 minutes ago, TC33 said:

OK,  Seller agreed to ship to me directly.  I promised to pay $2,500 immediately upon delivery of the actual comic pictured.  I promised to clear his name and give + feedback if he actually delivers as promised.  I will let you all know.  Don't expect shipping from Bulgaria to be too quick though.  Post office closed through Christmas etc.  :wishluck:

Hope it turns out right.

14 minutes ago, Gregd said:

It's the holiday season. Let's give this guy a break. He can decide who he feels comfortable selling to and the buyer has to be comfortable with the sale. If he is legit- he certainly has been called many things including a thief that was unwarranted.

I think in the future we need to be a bit more civil with posts. Understand there are scam artists out there but we can simply state what our expectations are. And perhaps the community needs to have a standard for such a situation that we can simply  refer to so that these posts don't devolve into a mess. 

Well said Greg. "And a Merry Christmas to all"  

14 minutes ago, Gregd said:

I agree with the sentiments here. That said, if people would respond to straightforward reasonable questions with straightforward reasonable answers a lot of the angst wouldn't materialise in the first place. I hope this all works out well.