• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Berkeley Comic Con Jan. 20, Comics Only! Killer dealer lineup.
4 4

134 posts in this topic

Who's down to meet up after the con and grab some beers? We can show off our hauls and chat comics - would be great to meet more boardies in person.

I got a reservation for 8 people at Triple Rock Brewery at 5:00pm Sat 1/20, just a couple blocks away from the venue (see attached map). If considerably more people show up, then they said they can move us out to the patio, weather permitting. This is super casual and open to anyone who wants to hang out and grab beers after, you can come and go as you please. Drop a comment here or DM me if you want to join so I can keep an accurate headcount and increase the reservation or try to get the patio, if needed. 

I'll be at the con wearing a SHORTBOXED t-shirt, so say hello if you see me.

http://www.triplerock.com/ 

Screen Shot 2018-01-12 at 10.58.37 AM.png

Edited by shortboxed

Hey All,

Hope to see you all there and I am trying to process some more boxes of Marvel and DC fillers like Flash, ASM, IM, IH, etc you know the ones nobody wants. Have a lot of great deals and some nice Keys including CSS 22, TTA 1, Sup 9 and many more but they have been selling fast at my store so I hope that the ASM 300, WWBN 32, TTA 35 and others make it there. Hit me up if you have any requests.

See You Soon

4 hours ago, shortboxed said:

Who's down to meet up after the con and grab some beers? We can show off our hauls and chat comics - would be great to meet more boardies in person.

I got a reservation for 8 people at Triple Rock Brewery at 5:00pm Sat 1/20, just a couple blocks away from the venue (see attached map). If considerably more people show up, then they said they can move us out to the patio, weather permitting. This is super casual and open to anyone who wants to hang out and grab beers after, you can come and go as you please. Drop a comment here or DM me if you want to join so I can keep an accurate headcount and increase the reservation or try to get the patio, if needed. 

Wish I could!  Sounds like fun.

4 hours ago, shortboxed said:

There should be a spot for beers at the con table :whistle: I am sure people would spend more money :takeit:

Show is gonna be great! If you haven’t been yet, show up!

I’ve got 11 long boxes full of brand new 50 cent books coming (actual good titles included!) A wall with some more affordable keys for my lower budget collectors (GSX 1, Thor 165, Secret Wars 8’s, ASM 298-300, Graded copies of ASM 300, NM 98, X 101, and a ton of other goodies.) plus a ton of $5-$20 books at half price. We might even drag out some modern OA for fun. 

If I had found this show when I first started collecting I would have been very spoiled. The amount of knowledge, product and great atmosphere make it a very special venue. See you there.

37 minutes ago, CW said:

Show is gonna be great! If you haven’t been yet, show up!

I’ve got 11 long boxes full of brand new 50 cent books coming (actual good titles included!) A wall with some more affordable keys for my lower budget collectors (GSX 1, Thor 165, Secret Wars 8’s, ASM 298-300, Graded copies of ASM 300, NM 98, X 101, and a ton of other goodies.) plus a ton of $5-$20 books at half price. We might even drag out some modern OA for fun. 

If I had found this show when I first started collecting I would have been very spoiled. The amount of knowledge, product and great atmosphere make it a very special venue. See you there.

:preach: No 25 cents box :baiting:

2 hours ago, woowoo said:

:preach: No 25 cents box :baiting:

lol I’ll bring an extra box just for you. All .25centers 

Looking forward to the show as usual, can't wait to see all the gold on display! 

@shortboxed @woowoo I normally get to the show on the early side so not sure if I will still be around that late in the afternoon. Would love to get together and show off our hauls / shoot the bull if I am still around later in the afternoon though. Triple Rock has some killer food & beer!

@HouseofComics.Com Don't forget to bring all your Atlas and pre-code war books. I'm still looking for a decent copy of Battlefield #2 with the "Atrocity Story" by Chapman / Reinman :)

Edited by 707comics

1 hour ago, HouseofComics.Com said:

Forecast looking good considering it's January in Northern California. Dry and mostly sunny.

BUY the time I leave the show I will be dry and sunny.:whee:

Edited by woowoo