• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Berkeley Comic Con Jan. 20, Comics Only! Killer dealer lineup.
4 4

134 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, exitmusicblue said:

Marc, do you know if any of the participating dealers do CGC submissions?

See you at the con next month !

Brian Peets A1 Comics has submitted comics to CGC for me.  I am certain Harley and Bunky can too as well as other dealers at this wonderful thriving convention.

Thanks for the answer Ray! I know Phil told me if you have a CGC dealer # he can press books and then submit for you but he made it sound like he doesn't submit otherwise. Also, Eitan of Cape and Cowl told me he's started submitting for customers at his shop. He might be the way I'd go as he may have more time to deal with it than the bigger dealers.

Fifth day of Christmas announcing two stellar board members:

Fantastic Comics/Chris Williamson, CW on the boards (he started the show us your Detective Comics thread way back) has a big setup in the back corner. He always sells lots of keys at this con but also has the most bulk 80s to present. Great guy.

Harvey Doss will be right next to me. He really turns up books. He may have anything from a Superman 9 to a Crime Suspense 22 to plenty of Marvel keys. At previous shows he's had an Amazing Fantasy 15, ASM 1, multiple IH 181s. Very popular guy who has set up at almost every convention within 100 miles over the past two years.

Sixth day of Christmas:

Happy to have Bronze Age Batcave setting up for the first time since June. Damon always has great stuff. You may know him from ebay or the last two SF Cons and Silicon Valley Cons.

I'll be setting up too, of course. Loads of $30 to $300 vintage books and more $400 to $900 books than usual. Will try to get my golden age better sorted and out of the home office and actually to the show.

14 hours ago, HouseofComics.Com said:

News: due to demand we are making the January 20 show 11-5 instead of 12-5! The fliers say 12-5 so it's kind of a secret right now for the boards and people we contact by Facebook and email.

hm  Looks like I will be there at 8:30 AM. Still bringing donuts.

2 hours ago, HouseofComics.Com said:

More news: Happy to accounce ThatPovGuy will be attending and Michael will be happy to discuss any and all restoration topics with board members. If you've always had a question about something or have a comic you want him to look at, now's your chance!

:whatthe:

:whee::headbang:

10 minutes ago, HouseofComics.Com said:

Truth in advertising dept.: Still a crazy, amazing lineup of prime vintage books there on the 20th, but Superworld can't make it due to a conflict with a Rick Steves tour of Italy! So yeah, Rick Steves is now an official enemy of the Berkeley Comic Con. (::devil:

Guess than I get a $5 discount off admission (thumbsu

3 hours ago, HouseofComics.Com said:

Truth in advertising dept.: Still a crazy, amazing lineup of prime vintage books there on the 20th, but Superworld can't make it due to a conflict with a Rick Steves tour of Italy! So yeah, Rick Steves is now an official enemy of the Berkeley Comic Con. (::devil:

Bummer! He has some great books.