• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Berkeley Comic Con Jan. 20, Comics Only! Killer dealer lineup.
4 4

134 posts in this topic

I got an update from Phil of Champion Comics and he's bringing very impressive stuff. He'll be on the west wall next to Heroes.

Some highlights

AF #15 2.5 CGC signed by Stan Lee
3 Avengers #1's
X-men #1
FF #1
Hulk #181 CGC 9.2
ASM #129- 4 copies
ASM #194 CGC 9.8 (2)
X-Men #101 CGC 9.6
GSX #1 3 copies
Werewolf By Night #32 2 copies
IM #1 3 copies
IM #55 2 copies
Cap #100 4 copies
FF #48 2 copies
Some early Batman under #50 golden age
Spidey #5 to #52 3 to 8 copies each

On 1/14/2018 at 1:02 PM, 707comics said:

Looking forward to the show as usual, can't wait to see all the gold on display! 

@shortboxed @woowoo I normally get to the show on the early side so not sure if I will still be around that late in the afternoon. Would love to get together and show off our hauls / shoot the bull if I am still around later in the afternoon though. Triple Rock has some killer food & beer!

@HouseofComics.Com Don't forget to bring all your Atlas and pre-code war books. I'm still looking for a decent copy of Battlefield #2 with the "Atrocity Story" by Chapman / Reinman :)

I keep thinking your avatar is Atlas Battlefront #5 ..cause they look kinda the same..

1 hour ago, 1950's war comics said:

I keep thinking your avatar is Atlas Battlefront #5 ..cause they look kinda the same..

@1950's war comics - War adventures #10 is my avatar. 

I suspect the similarities between the two covers has to do with the fact that they were both done by Jerry Robinson and published within one month of each other (Oct/Nov 1952). Good eye!

Is it Saturday yet?? hm

Looking forward to Saturday!

And just a reminder, we got a group reservation at Triple Rock Brewery just a couple blocks away from the con at 5:00pm. Open to any boardies who want to hang out after the con and grab some beers! Just drop a comment or DM me so I can keep a headcount and adjust the reservation, if necessary. Super casual, come and go as you please. Hopefully some of the dealers can make it after they break down, too!

Can't wait to see your hauls!

triplerock.com

Triple-Rock-Opening_56.jpg

Edited by shortboxed

I’d like to say thanks to the local comic shops for passing out our flyers!

Cape & Cowl Oakland

Dr. Comics & Mister Games Oakland

Fantastic Comics Berkeley

Escapist Berkeley

Stand Up Comics El Cerrito

Crush Comics Castro Valley

Champion Comics Sunnyvale

We really appreciate it!

And no thanks to Flying Colors in Concord, who refused to put out flyers, even though I’ve spent thousands of dollars there over the years. What a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed.

Look forward to seeing everybody there!

16 minutes ago, wormboy said:

And no thanks to Flying Colors in Concord, who refused to put out flyers, even though I’ve spent thousands of dollars there over the years. What a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed.

Trust me, the word got to the right people.:wink:

Want to mention again two little things that help set our show apart. We have the wantlist feature on the website so obscure stuff you want can be pulled from shops and warehouses and brought, even if it's not normally in the "show stock" rotation. And we have our own PovRow who will be happy to answer all sorts of restoration questions! Fantastic resource.

7 hours ago, wormboy said:

Cape & Cowl Oakland

Escapist Berkeley

We really appreciate it!

:makepoint::makepoint::makepoint::makepoint::makepoint::makepoint::makepoint::makepoint::makepoint::makepoint::makepoint::makepoint::makepoint:

Edited by woowoo

On 1/17/2018 at 12:50 PM, wormboy said:

Cape & Cowl Oakland

Escapist Berkeley

We really appreciate it!

Wow, really?  Somebody let them know that the next time I am in the Bay Area, I will NOT be visiting their store. Have fun guys, I have to wait until the week after for Terry's show. 

1 minute ago, Robot Man said:
On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 12:50 PM, wormboy said:

Wow, really?  Somebody let them know that the next time I am in the Bay Area, I will NOT be visiting their store. Have fun guys, I have to wait until the week after for Terry's show. 

I think that all parties are aware and again, those that would or can attend this show are very well informed as to the time and place, by me.

Sorry, didn’t mean to derail the thread with my mini rant there lol

I made the rounds to all the shops today to restock flyers. A lot of excitement about this show.

At the front door I’ll have:

• A box of nice ‘$5 each/5 for $20’ books that should be $15 books.
  • A box of newer trades $5 each (newest Saga, Walking Dead, Paper Girls, Seven to Eternity, etc.).
  • Some oddball stuff (Hulk 200 - 30 cent variant, King Kong slurpee cup, etc.)

Can’t wait - see you all there!

Tim

9 minutes ago, Foolkiller said:

Psyched up for this show and to support it.  I think it's gonna be a blast.  If you're a boardie and see me wandering about (asian guy glasses (no flip flops) t-shirt, blue fleece) say hello!

Great now I can tell you a Ben apart.:hi: Ben