• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

If you could complete a full run... what would it be?
7 7

229 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

I'm shooting for a full pre-code horror run. Been at it since I was a kid and getting close. Most of the ones I have left are ones That I probably could live without but am chipping away anyway just because.

Which have been your hardest to track down?

2 hours ago, exitmusicblue said:

Which have been your hardest to track down?

Oh, Venus for sure. Astonishing #4, Chamber of Chills #19 (waited too long) and some of the Journey into Mystery issues. Most are very doable but I just can't bring myself to pay the prices anymore. I am missing some Star and Avons as well as a lot of ACGs because the stories and interior art just don't appeal to me that much.

hmmm.    if I could complete one run, I guess it would have to be action or detective.    Action 1-20 or so for me are the tops books in the hobby but later actions are less interesting than detectives and so I might have to go detective which is still interesting at times up to #400 or 500

19 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

There's my favourite snowman / winter cover.

How did that book become so collectible was it the boards?  

Batman 1-300

The entire EC New Trend

Amazing Spider-Man 1-? (I would say 200, but there's too much good stuff after like the Hobgoblin and Venom)

Fantastic Four 1-150

Detective Comics 27-40, plus the Joker covers

12 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

Thankfully i was able to complete the short run that i always wanted too....

DSCN3667 - Edited (1).jpg

These books are hard to find first of all and much more likely to be thrown away because theres no stories just puzzles and once you do them then toss the book plus the fact that finding a puzzle book that no one has done the puzzles is incredibly hard basically these books should be worth more than Action #1

Actually I'm at a bit of a turning point as I know that I'll never own an AF15 and the prices for Amazing 1 and 2 are out of my reach, I'm thinking of selling my run from 3 to 700 and all the core series which I have full sets off. It's the same with Werewolf by night I only need issue 32 I just can't justify paying large amounts of money for a single copy (yes I know a hangin offence) deep down my home comes first. However I am still happy with reprints and I have only ever collected Spidey, Werewolf, Monster of Frankenstein and Tomb of Dracula so I might call it a day and just stick with the reprints..  

Just now, tv horror said:

Actually I'm at a bit of a turning point as I know that I'll never own an AF15 and the prices for Amazing 1 and 2 are out of my reach, I'm thinking of selling my run from 3 to 700 and all the core series which I have full sets off. It's the same with Werewolf by night I only need issue 32 I just can't justify paying large amounts of money for a single copy (yes I know a hangin offence) deep down my home comes first. However I am still happy with reprints and I have only ever collected Spidey, Werewolf, Monster of Frankenstein and Tomb of Dracula so I might call it a day and just stick with the reprints..  

There is nothing wrong with this and if I had strange adventures #3-100 I would be 1000% satisfied

39 minutes ago, Larryw7 said:

The entire EC New Trend

I have this as the entire Russ Cochran EC Library hardcover run.

No chance of affording all of the originals.

I'm someone else happy with reprints.  Hardly slumming it here though, as the detail in the artwork looks incredible in the high-quality black-and-white of these books.

Edited by Ken Aldred

58 minutes ago, kav said:

How did that book become so collectible was it the boards?  

No idea, actually.

Has this one started escalating price-wise now?

I give up.