• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

If you could complete a full run... what would it be?
7 7

229 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, bababooey said:

Daredevil would be my pick, it has almost always been good and the run going back to the 60's is self contained (not many crossovers or event garbage)

Having never read a Daredevil issue, I can't comment on the quality of the writing but the great thing about a Daredevil run would be the relative affordability.  Even for a few thousand bucks, you can get nice mid grade examples of the entire run.

7 hours ago, NoMan said:

here's an interesting question (to me) that's kinda tangential to the OP: What's a title that has been consistently good (writing & art) throughout its entire run?

NEXUS

Captain America Comics (GA).  The covers are incredible and the first 2/3 of the title were published during a time when Cap was more than a hero in a comic book.  Kirby and Lee were both just starting their careers as well as their work together.  There's so much history there.  It would be amazing to put together a CAC run.  A Marvel Mystery Comics run is a close second!

Edited by comicquant

If I lived in the US I would be going after the Dell Four Color run for sure. Such a fun mixture of genres. But postage on 1300 books kind of kills off the idea for me. The biggest run I'm working on is the Dell WDC&S run. I'm 10 short of having 1-100 and have a few dozen later ones of the 263 total.

On 1/9/2018 at 9:11 PM, lizards2 said:
On 1/8/2018 at 8:11 PM, Marwood & I said:

Sue and Sally Smith, Flying Nurses :cloud9:

Hey, hey, hey.  Nobody but me is supposed to know about that title...., 

Getting there liz! Along with all the others :headbang:

20180530_203003.thumb.jpg.a448f3959f9385d714f9ec68e4f8b6f5.jpg

On 6/8/2018 at 5:45 AM, AJD said:

If I lived in the US I would be going after the Dell Four Color run for sure. Such a fun mixture of genres. 

That would be cool. Go for the pence copies instead AJD - there's at least 54 of them!

fc.PNG.a177a53ef72a3e2e11e0da800deb80e0.PNG

Here's my latest arrival :headbang:

1584486951_FourColor1164WantedDeadorAlive.thumb.jpg.524675dbd22d251f218c9460c806d5df.jpg

:headbang:

2 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

That would be cool. Go for the pence copies instead AJD - there's at least 54 of them!

fc.PNG.a177a53ef72a3e2e11e0da800deb80e0.PNG

Here's my latest arrival :headbang:

1584486951_FourColor1164WantedDeadorAlive.thumb.jpg.524675dbd22d251f218c9460c806d5df.jpg

:headbang:

I do like dual priced comics, and the number is manageable. But I'm guessing those 54+ books might be hard to track down?

20 minutes ago, AJD said:

I do like dual priced comics, and the number is manageable. But I'm guessing those 54+ books might be hard to track down?

Not too bad. I've found about 160 pence Dells so far. It's not a publisher I ever followed, so I can't be as sure about what exists as other publishers I've covered. But like the Charlton's, I'm growing more fond of them by the day :)