• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

If you could complete a full run... what would it be?
7 7

229 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, oakman29 said:
12 hours ago, s14roller said:

If I could, it would be AF15 and ASM1-700.

It took me roughly 35 years to complete the run.

It's taken me roughly 45 years to not complete that run. :sorry: 

5 minutes ago, oakman29 said:
11 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

It's taken me roughly 45 years to not complete that run. :sorry: 

:roflmao:

Is it colder than a witches teat by you or What.

Go Ducks!

Nope - we've been real mild.  It's 36 F right now.  Yesterday's high was something like 50 F - I washed one of our cars in the afternoon.   Hasn't frozen the last couple nights, so I have to pick the dog walking routes carefully so we don't end up in the mud.  I kind of prefer the overnight freezes, so we can go wherever we want in the a.m.

3 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Nope - we've been real mild.  It's 36 F right now.  Yesterday's high was something like 50 F - I washed one of our cars in the afternoon.   Hasn't frozen the last couple nights, so I have to pick the dog walking routes carefully so we don't end up in the mud.  I kind of prefer the overnight freezes, so we can go wherever we want in the a.m.

I can't tell it's winter here in So. Cal. It's 70-80 here. I might go to the beach.:cool:

3 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

I can't tell it's winter here in So. Cal. It's 70-80 here. I might go to the beach.:cool:

Be careful of earthquakes and ash fallout.

20 hours ago, newshane said:

Haunt of Fear really does it for me.

Graham Ingles. :luhv:

Although you're probably talking more about the covers, there's Ingels artwork in Vault of Horror and Tales From the Crypt as well.

There were only three runs I ever cared about completing:

ASM - I had 1 to 700 and subsequently sold most of the non keys to purchase an AF15. I'm slowly upgrading and filling in the gaps from my 1 to 50 set yet again.

Phantom Stranger V1 (1952) & V2 (1968) - I'm not selling any unless I get upgrades.

What If? - It was a guilty pleasure run from my childhood that was cheap and felt compelled to complete.

I now stick to completing mini sets such as Famous Funnies 209 - 216, classic covers, and Keys.  They take up less space.

Edited by piper

1 hour ago, lizards2 said:
1 hour ago, oakman29 said:

Be careful of earthquakes and ash fallout.

And raw sewage and hypodermics...., 

30 minutes ago, piper said:

What If? - It was a guilty pleasure run from my childhood that was cheap and felt compelled to complete

+1

A guilty pleasure, but very entertaining.

Edited by Ken Aldred

4 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

I thought every hospital dumps their needles in the ocean.

I'm sure it is mandatory in Californica....., 

14 hours ago, Timely said:

I only need 6 issues to complete Marvel (Mystery) Comics #1-66. I had #67-92 but sold them as it's the war time issues that I really like. I did manage to keep the Edgar Church/Mile High copy of #89 though.

What a feat #1-66 ...!

an almost impossible run.

On 12/28/2017 at 12:59 PM, godzilla43 said:

I dunno previous years it has been easy answer uncanny x-men but YEAAAH I finished 94-304 this year :) Why 304 well cos fatal attractions. I had to collect those when I scored X-men 25 gold for couple bucks. Maybe New Mutants next but if I could complete whatever maybe EC Horror.

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic5.jpg

Ha...  That is the precise issue where my run ends.  Once they took the adamantium away from Wolverine and gave him bone(?!?) claws that started being too much for me.  The final straw though was when they went all manga style shortly thereafter.  

On 12/23/2017 at 8:12 PM, FineCollector said:

Savage Sword is an affordable run to make, and I like the material far more than the early BWS art in the comic, which I find primitive.

I've been chipping away at Captain Marvel Adventures for the last couple of years.  Whiz is the Captain Marvel title most people chase, but I'm going to feel very proud if I'm able to finish it.

I too am trying to complete the run of the "Big Red Cheese" but I can not find issue #128 anywhere. Any chance you have an extra copy or know where one is? I only need Numbers 1, 18 and 128 to have the entire run. I already have a graded copy of Special Edition Comics #1, so I kinda have the real number 1 since the accepted #1 really was a nn#

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 5:25 PM, Timely said:

I only need 6 issues to complete Marvel (Mystery) Comics #1-66. I had #67-92 but sold them as it's the war time issues that I really like. I did manage to keep the Edgar Church/Mile High copy of #89 though.

I had to get to page 7 before someone mentioned Marvel Mystery?? Egads.

I'll go with Marvel Mystery as well, but Captain America, Whiz, and maybe Planet also come to mind.

You certainly get a lot of bang for your buck with some of the DC runs, especially Adventure: plenty of great debuts there. I could handle drooling over my own copies of the first Sandman, Hourman, Starman, etc. - plus you get the Legion a few hundred odd issues in. More Fun gives you plenty of variety as well.

And for sheer comic history, why in the world hasn't anybody mentioned Four Color??? We are a superhero-centric bunch at times, are we not?   :foryou:

33 minutes ago, PopKulture said:

You certainly get a lot of bang for your buck with some of the DC runs, especially Adventure: plenty of great debuts there. I could handle drooling over my own copies of the first Sandman, Hourman, Starman, etc. - plus you get the Legion a few hundred odd issues in. More Fun gives you plenty of variety as well.

Yup. You've reminded me that a complete run of Legion of Super-Heroes would be a great achievement.

Lots of nice stuff during the GA period.

Edited by Ken Aldred