• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your *Two* Holiday Wishes for Comics Santa
4 4

31 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, grebal said:

You know, if someone didn't watch the Buzz video first, they might think you were a bit of a strange bird.

Merry Christmas pal !

Buzz video? I say so much nonsense I honestly forget the things I say. Merry Christmas! 

I did see a double feature of Bob Clark's (Pre "Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things") "Black Christmas" and the Santa-slasher movie "Silent Night, Deadly Night" at the Beverly Cinema.  Highly recommend both films. I worked on "Silent Night, Deadly Night Part 3" when I first came to Los Angeles but you know it had become a cliched franchise by that time although the director was Monte Helman so I got to ask him about the making of "Two-Lane Black Top."

Edited by NoMan

14 hours ago, lizards2 said:
15 hours ago, Logan510 said:
15 hours ago, lizards2 said:

Peace, love and understanding to my friends.

Painful death to my enemies.

Don't take it too seriously.

Which comics are those stories in?

The CGC Boards, flipper

Just to clarify this statement, because I seem to have button-humpers following me around, and cgcmod1 on my case:

This was an attempt to be funny.  I apologize if you lack a sense of humor. :foryou: 

I think Casey took his "flipper" avatar after me posting an actual "flipper" comic photo in one of his posts long ago and maybe I called him a flipper as in comic book flipper.  But then, maybe I think everything is about me.  Anyway, it makes me laugh every time I see it, because I think it's a dig back at me, which is something I like and appreciate, and I feel lucky to be so honored.  If it isn't, spare me the reveal, Casey...., let me live in my delusional world.

I have no one here, work or play that I consider enemies.  I have no one I actively hate either, as that is a harsh word.  I have a few people I dislike, and mostly attempt to avoid them.  Merry Christmas to one and all! 

As for the comics that a statement like this may have appeared in:

Conan
Warlord
Kull
& probably any number of pre-code comics, EC comics, etc.

1 hour ago, lizards2 said:

Just to clarify this statement, because I seem to have button-humpers following me around, and cgcmod1 on my case:

This was an attempt to be funny.  I apologize if you lack a sense of humor. :foryou: 

I think Casey took his "flipper" avatar after me posting an actual "flipper" comic photo in one of his posts long ago and maybe I called him a flipper as in comic book flipper.  But then, maybe I think everything is about me.  Anyway, it makes me laugh every time I see it, because I think it's a dig back at me, which is something I like and appreciate, and I feel lucky to be so honored.  If it isn't, spare me the reveal, Casey...., let me live in my delusional world.

I have no one here, work or play that I consider enemies.  I have no one I actively hate either, as that is a harsh word.  I have a few people I dislike, and mostly attempt to avoid them.  Merry Christmas to one and all! 

As for the comics that a statement like this may have appeared in:

Conan
Warlord
Kull
& probably any number of pre-code comics, EC comics, etc.

Did someone seriously hit the button on your post??? 

6 minutes ago, Hudson said:

Did someone seriously hit the button on your post??? 

I have no idea.  If I disappear on Tuesday when the mods are back, then you'll know.

4 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

when I saw you post this earlier, I did not get the chance to ask --- what the heck is going on in this cover?

Looks to me like Lois is not happy that she needs to use a hammer to defrost the icebox and Siperman is showing off that he can do it with his little finger. 

ok-- but why is the banana and apple on the ground?

also-- she looks PO'd

anyway -- it is a cover that has me asking questions for some reason. Also-- why not use his heat vision to defrost the fridge?

Love the book-- just sort of a crazy cover to me for some reason.

Edited by 01TheDude

13 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

ok-- but why is the banana and apple on the ground?

also-- she looks PO'd

anyway -- it is a cover that has me asking questions for some reason. Also-- why not use his heat vision to defrost the fridge?

Love the book-- just sort of a crazy cover to me for some reason.

All good questions.   

Wish I had better answers.   

All I know is that I love the simplicity of the cover and large characters.  I was very pleased and surprised, this morning, when I opened the package from my wife and saw this classic. 

11 minutes ago, Hudson said:

All good questions.   

Wish I had better answers.   

All I know is that I love the simplicity of the cover and large characters.  I was very pleased and surprised, this morning, when I opened the package from my wife and saw this classic. 

yes-- definitely a cool book to get. I have lots of questions when it comes to some DC books so that is not unusual. Especially the ones that pose a question -- and I want to know the answer to that question. Marketing for kids apparently is still effective on 50+ year old men. lol

Happy holidays to all! 

I’m a bronze / copper / modern collector (just trying to get what I’m nostalgic of growing up in the 80s/90s), and this year, I asked Santa for: NM 98 in 9.6 and got it :p

My family does a gift exchange at Christmas which has become us all setting a budget, and then everyone just buying whatever they want up to that price. The NM98 9.6 was what I got for it. Book isn’t here yet so I brought a picture of the book and literally showed it all to my family when it was my turn. They thought I was nuts, haha. 

The 2 other books after that on my wish list is a GSX1 and X-Men 94 in 9.2 (that’s my “forever copy”grade). 

Edited by CKinTO