• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four 48,49,50
8 8

130 posts in this topic

Ooh, you should buy an FF 51!

May not ever be a money book, but it will complete* your mini run (45-52), and it just happens to be one of the greatest comic stories ever printed! 

Now, to really have something special, complete Fantastic Four from 35 to 67. Those issues represent the apotheosis; the greatest run of The World’s Greatest Comic Magazine!

* if you don’t already have it

1 hour ago, KirbyJack said:

Ooh, you should buy an FF 51!

May not ever be a money book, but it will complete* your mini run (45-52), and it just happens to be one of the greatest comic stories ever printed! 

Now, to really have something special, complete Fantastic Four from 35 to 67. Those issues represent the apotheosis; the greatest run of The World’s Greatest Comic Magazine!

* if you don’t already have it

FF Omnibus Volume 2 seems to be the only hardcover with these issues... does that sound right?

Freaking things are *expensive* :-/

EDIT: Ahh... that actually ends at 60 anyway...

Edited by Schmakt

6 minutes ago, Schmakt said:

FF Omnibus Volume 2 seems to be the only hardcover with these issues... does that sound right?

Freaking things are *expensive* :-/

I’m not up to date on the status of the reprints. I’ll bet you could find an old Masterworks tho. It would be cheaper! I personally go the Marvel’s Greatest Comics route for readers.

I figured you’d be into originals, given that your FFs are raw. 

2 hours ago, KirbyJack said:

I’m not up to date on the status of the reprints. I’ll bet you could find an old Masterworks tho. It would be cheaper! I personally go the Marvel’s Greatest Comics route for readers.

I figured you’d be into originals, given that your FFs are raw. 

2 hours ago, Bird said:

you can get marvel's greatest comics 35 36 37 for fairly cheap

yeah, but that's a lot of originals to pick up, and I kinda want to read them now :)

I'll search out the MMW again... those are pretty sturdy and shouldn't put too much of a dent in the original copy budget...

Thanks for the suggestions!

I’m not a big FF collector but I do have 45-51, the 2006 facsimile edition of 52, and 53. I may go for the 44-67 run at some point but I have the Masterworks and Omnibus books that cover from 1-200 so I’m in no rush.

What's going on with 48? That book has nearly tripled in value over the last couple of years. Looks like a huge bubble to me, but Disney is going to take these B characters and turn them into A-listers, just like they did with Iron Man. I think people know that, hence the value increase. Still looks sketchy to me though, because no one cared too much about this book before that.

Edited by Darkowl

I think the market has adjusted to a much more reasonable value for one of the greatest story lines in comic book history. Issues 48 and 49 were very much undervalued for a long time. I’m glad I got my copies of the trilogy just before the price jump.

18 hours ago, JohnH19 said:

I think the market has adjusted to a much more reasonable value for one of the greatest story lines in comic book history. Issues 48 and 49 were very much undervalued for a long time. I’m glad I got my copies of the trilogy just before the price jump.

I agree. Totally undervalued. But what do you think caused the adjustment, especially within such a short amount of time? 

I believe it was due to speculation that with Disney's purchase of the FF characters from Fox, there may soon be a properly done Silver Surfer/Galactus movie.

48's are selling for about 2,500 in 7.0 and 1,500 in 6.0. That seems like a very big difference to me for those grades. I believe also that in the past say 2 years a lot more people are starting to collect, and some of these people have lots o' money and are just going ape feces with their bidding. It only takes two of them to drive the price way overboard. At least that's what I've been noticing on the auctions I am losing lately. 

Quick question please, would you rather have one FF 48 CGC 7.0 or one of each 48, 49, 50 in 6.0?