• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best of 2017: BUDGET EDITION - Discussion Thread

35 posts in this topic

The dollar amount is fine, but let's keep it to one piece per post in order to level the playing field with everyone and, most importantly, so people know which piece they are voting for.

And you don't have to disclose your purchase price as long as it is under $300. We trust you! But if you want to state it, that's fine too. It gives new collectors an idea of how much things cost if they want to (hopefully) jump into this pool. :wishluck:

Some great pieces thus far. Keep 'em coming! We have through the weekend to post and vote.

Feel free to post your alts here... I want to encourage as many people as possible to jump into this so-called "rich man's hobby."

I thought we'd get a lot more convention pieces. Are prices over $300 now?!

Batman Animated series

5a4e44c411552_BatmanAnimatedproductiondrawing-Joker.thumb.jpg.f52e4a5dedb227194e19e83863942416.jpg5a4e44ccf2037_BatmanAnimatedproductiondrawing-HarleyQuinn.thumb.jpg.9a229cbb3eed40259ea76ff691cfad22.jpg

Terry Beatty Ms Tree 2 page 6

5a4e45a42ae66_TerryBeattyMsTree2pg6(Large).jpg.bc4efbf49083c4a01830dcf848bea925.jpg

Red Sonja by Verlei

5a4e4507405ca_VerleiRedSonja.thumb.jpg.3fc61d75f9fe6fde048a4337ee98a05c.jpg

Shanna by Leo Matos

5a4e4514ec6aa_LeoMatosShanna.thumb.jpg.2b1ab9dc711abef4c6ae4bdba7123a50.jpg

Bong Dazo Darkseid War Superman DPS

5a4e4575036dc_BongDazoDarkseidWarSupermanp2-3prodscan.thumb.jpg.e7ac83a92b44854a80ef2afe3ea6b2e3.jpg

Wow, just saw my Sam Kieth sketch has 8 votes! Probably because I was the first poster ha. I dropped a LIKE on quite a few pieces since there was so much great stuff. Some of you guys got incredible deals at under $300, I especially love the pieces by Stelfreeze and Runge.

Edited by Reader

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 1:10 PM, alxjhnsn said:

I can only enter once and my entry has votes so I'll leave it (and I really, really like it). That said, here are my runner ups.

Maleficent by Walt Simonson (this is my wife's not mine, her character choice and it's a great choice)
Qvh611VS_061217135604lola.jpg

Odin by Walt Simonson (wanted a character that is more visual than Thor and Odin has great hats!)

kvSv6JRP_2607171457001gpadd.jpg

I think Maleficent might get a lot of votes, but I can't take my Pirate Ship down and she doesn't have an account here.

Someone should ask Walt to do a full body Galactus and Silver Surfer commission. It would probably be amazing.

You can ask. He's easy to find on FB, but he doesn't do commissions except for charity auctions and this dinner. For the dinner, it was limited to head shots though he'd do more as you can see in my wife's Maleficent (she got the dragon, too).

He even did one that was just Mjolner and it was way cool. Who knew.

This was $250 from Thom Zahler. It's my daughter and her husband and the date is the date of their wedding. Click the image to learn more about it including seeing the cover by Thom that it was based on.

vAYrHNch_2712172221491gpadd.jpg

Edited by alxjhnsn

Last day to post over in the BUDGET EDITION thread! C'mon people... don't be shy! Let's see what you got this year for "pocket change".

I might get busy with work tomorrow (Monday). So let's close the entries Monday morning and then close the voting Tuesday morning. I will put up the tally Tuesday night.

So, I waited until all entries were posted until I cast my own votes. This turned out to be a bad idea as I got slapped with a technical difficulty by the new board software. Apparently there is a limit to the number of likes you can leave in one day. So I will wait until tomorrow to tally the votes after I finish casting mine. I don't want to handicap anyone's entries because I couldn't vote for the back half of the thread.

(Next year, I will vote as I go. I've also asked the mods about this limit.)

So the end result is you have some more time to vote if you haven't already!