• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Classic Comic 5 & 8

9 posts in this topic

I just bought a whole collection of these.  I thought I'd put a couple up here to get an idea of grade.  I get the idea that it's hard to find high grade copies of these because the paper quality seems to be much less than regular comics from the era.

#5 Moby - slight sun shadows on both the front & back covers.  Cover is secure at the staple.

#8 Arabian Nights - the tiny tears at the top & bottom of spine probably happened during binding (it's a thick comic).

P1140210.JPG

P1140211.JPG

P1140213.JPG

P1140214.JPG

Edited by gadzukes

12 hours ago, JollyComics said:

Was the centerfold attached to both staples before subbed this copy to CGC?   Surprised that book didn't get the green label due to the detached CF.

I think the cf was hanging by a thread when I submitted.  I think CGC is willing to give these GA blue labels with detached cf's up to 6.0.  If this was a 9.0 except for the cf it would have gotten the green label.