• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

comics that never leave the LCS wall

90 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, 1Cool said:

Scared the crud out of me at a young age.  It was freaky they actually showed the bodies falling apart and the Wraiths were always smiling afterwards.

ROM could make for a pretty cool Sci-Fi Action Horror flick.

Edge of Tomorrow/Terminator combined with Alien(s)/Invasion of Body Snatchers kind of thing

Edited by Wall-Crawler

On 12/24/2017 at 8:50 PM, exitmusicblue said:

I’ve noticed the GA on the walls of my LCS (Flying Colors) tend to be very reasonably priced and move rapidly, esp. in comparison to the SA/BA.

Joe's always been pretty good on pricing.. Although when asked for  grading, usually he won't comment, which is a way to stay safe.  

My nearest lcs will put anything on the while, it sometimes seems. But not a lot of interest cycles through there, typically. That might change after they acquired a decent SA collection recently. The owner’s son made an event of it and moved a fair amount of  books. Hopefully, that druma up some more books of interest and gets intersting stuff on the wall.

And yes, they had for a long time the obligatory She-Hulk #1. 

My old LCS had dozens of Silver and Bronze books on display that were eventually washed out due to the florescent lighting. He had them lined up on a high shelf and some over-lapped, so there were parts of some covers that were still in full color! They sat there for 10 years probably or more, until the lease was up and they moved to a new spot and took them all down. He didn't put them up at the new location, not sure what happened to them.

2 hours ago, mrwoogieman said:

My old LCS had dozens of Silver and Bronze books on display that were eventually washed out due to the florescent lighting. He had them lined up on a high shelf and some over-lapped, so there were parts of some covers that were still in full color! They sat there for 10 years probably or more, until the lease was up and they moved to a new spot and took them all down. He didn't put them up at the new location, not sure what happened to them.

What was the name of the shop? hm

6 minutes ago, mrwoogieman said:

Still there last I knew. Jeff the owner is very knowledgeable about the hobby.

Yep it's still there. I recently discovered his store by accident while I was working. Manage to grab some Hulks #22 for cover price. :banana: