• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CAF Update: Byrne X-men 128 addition & two Romita Droids Covers
1 1

8 posts in this topic

On 12/27/2017 at 1:06 AM, dspair said:

Hi all...I finally got around to posting a pic of my X-men 128 addition from last February's Heritage auction.

X-men #128 page 3

For those unaware, my 'Comic Art Life Goal' is to put together this book.  This is my 6th page after about 10 years of looking.  So I should be done in about another 20 years. :)

As always, if anyone has any leads on any pages from 128...please let me know!  

I also had some of my collection out for a recent Star Wars party which prompted me pulling the two Romita Droids animated covers out into the light of day.

Droids #2 Cover

Droids #4 Cover

Thanks for looking!

-Will

Another killer page! putting together a Byrne/Austin X-Men book is quite the 'Life Goal,' and I wish you luck! BTW, those Romita Droid covers are fantastic!

18 hours ago, J.Sid said:

Have you ever talked with Terry about how many/which pages he has?

No I haven’t ever had the opportunity.  I’ve heard he doesn’t like getting bothered about that kind of stuff.  

I know I’ve heard it before but I don’t remember the exact breakdown of what the Marvel penciller vs inker vs writer would get.    I thought it was something like 2/3 penciller, 1/3 inker and writer gets a couple pages here and there.  So I figured Terry Austin has six pages maybe?

-Will