• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is anyone familiar with consideration of PQ for CGC grading?
1 1

2 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I just acquired a beautiful copy of Gi.Joe #21 which from the exterior appears to be a 9.6 and also includes white interior cover pages, but unfortunately all of the interior pages are cream quality. I looked at the overstreet guide and it shows the highest grade allowed for a book containing cream to off-white pages is a 9.0. That seems like an excessive down grade for this flaw but I don't have much experience with buying graded books and no experience submitting books for grading so I am appealing to the vast base of knowledge here for some guidance.

Thank you 

5 hours ago, apocalypse76 said:

Hello everyone,

I just acquired a beautiful copy of Gi.Joe #21 which from the exterior appears to be a 9.6 and also includes white interior cover pages, but unfortunately all of the interior pages are cream quality. I looked at the overstreet guide and it shows the highest grade allowed for a book containing cream to off-white pages is a 9.0. That seems like an excessive down grade for this flaw but I don't have much experience with buying graded books and no experience submitting books for grading so I am appealing to the vast base of knowledge here for some guidance.

Thank you 

CGC, for the most part, will not take the PQ into consideration for the grade. However, considering the fact that the book is copper and not that vintage they may take it into account, not sure. A copper CR/OW page quality will definitely affect the price.