• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

greggy's cheapo CGC books

81 posts in this topic

100% of people unfamiliar with your meltdown here

His meltdown? If I was you I'd start looking in the mirror...

Jim

Stop beating around the bush Jim. What's your gripe? And now that Greggy's out, why don't you throw in a few grades. poke2.gif

100% of people unfamiliar with your meltdown here

His meltdown? If I was you I'd start looking in the mirror...

Jim

Stop beating around the bush Jim. What's your gripe? And now that Greggy's out, why don't you throw in a few grades. poke2.gif

Just stating it as I'm seeing it. You're trying real hard to lay the blame on Greggy when you started the whining...and continued whining until Greggy had enough and left. Kind of sad really...you're proving yourself quite the child in this whole deal...

My gripe? That I expected better of some here...I guess my expectations are a tad high...

Jim

Okay. One more time for the simpletons. I posted a legitimate complaint. A lot of the other grading contest participants agreed with it. Greggy couldn't admit he was wrong. Blew up and left. Which if you gave it a moments thought is a good thing, because the G-ster is incapable of separating his personal feelings about boardies and handing out information even-handedly.

ie.

Boardie question: "Are there any serious defects not visible in the scan?'

Greggie: "None that I recall."

What a .

Meanwhile, you come in, spend dozens of posts reminding everyone not to take it to seriously (a hoot!) and sit on your duff and take inane potshots. Brilliant and useful stuff there Jim. You must have really gotten torqued off on this? What was it?

You've completely ignored the debate going on about whether or not to post the serious defects of a book, that are not visible in the scan. You'd rather raise your pedestal, sit your fat arse on it, and blather on as if you were somehow a mature arbitor of behavior on the boards.

I love it! You dumbarse! 27_laughing.gif

Meanwhile, Greggy is still moaning and groaning about things over multiple threads in mulitple forums. And posting graemlins as furiously as he can. Brings new meaning to passive-aggressive. 27_laughing.gif

Okay. One more time for the simpletons. I posted a legitimate complaint. A lot of the other grading contest participants agreed with it. Greggy couldn't admit he was wrong. Blew up and left. Which if you gave it a moments thought is a good thing, because the G-ster is incapable of separating his personal feelings about boardies and handing out information even-handedly.

ie.

Boardie question: "Are there any serious defects not visible in the scan?'

Greggie: "None that I recall."

What a .

Meanwhile, you come in, spend dozens of posts reminding everyone not to take it to seriously (a hoot!) and sit on your duff and take inane potshots. Brilliant and useful stuff there Jim. You must have really gotten torqued off on this? What was it?

You've completely ignored the debate going on about whether or not to post the serious defects of a book, that are not visible in the scan. You'd rather raise your pedestal, sit your fat arse on it, and blather on as if you were somehow a mature arbitor of behavior on the boards.

I love it! You dumbarse! 27_laughing.gif

893blahblah.gif Continued justification in one's mind...a real beauty to behold! 27_laughing.gif It doesn't negate the fact you showed your @ss in a silly grading contest. God forbid we try to get you to cooperate on anything substantive. In fact these posts show you still are showing your @ss...hard to accept the truth apparently. Maybe you can whip up a clever scan to compensate... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Jim

Man, you are the wit today Jim. The sweat must be just beading off of your little brow. Keep piling up the posts. They speak for themselves.

Unfortunately, you've confused me with someone who gives a krap about what you think. makepoint.gif

Come on Jim, if you're going to participate in a flame war....which is all you've wanted anyway....you've got to respond quicker to keep it interesting. gossip.gif

Come on Jim, if you're going to participate in a flame war....which is all you've wanted anyway....you've got to respond quicker to keep it interesting. gossip.gif

You STILL whining about Windy and Willy book with the self-evident tanning? Get over it already... rolleyes.gif

Brad - from your post of the "normal" 9.6 label, I just wanted to say that most of my scans first come out like the 8.5 and then I manipulate brightness and contrast to get it to look like the 9.6. The problem is that the book subsequently suffers a Heritage effect where the new level of brightness distorts the true appearance of the book on screen vs in hand. Take a look at my Xmen variant scans in the auctions I have posted up (plug my wares in greggy's thread acclaim.gif ) and you'll see what I mean - they look much worse now than in hand. Point is, if you are an amateur scanner, you'll almost always post a scan that is not a 100% like the book in hand. I had no idea about tanning nor was it something I was really looking for but I do think you and greggy should kiss and make up flowerred.gif

Brad - from your post of the "normal" 9.6 label, I just wanted to say that most of my scans first come out like the 8.5 and then I manipulate brightness and contrast to get it to look like the 9.6. The problem is that the book subsequently suffers a Heritage effect where the new level of brightness distorts the true appearance of the book on screen vs in hand. Take a look at my Xmen variant scans in the auctions I have posted up (plug my wares in greggy's thread acclaim.gif ) and you'll see what I mean - they look much worse now than in hand. Point is, if you are an amateur scanner, you'll almost always post a scan that is not a 100% like the book in hand. I had no idea about tanning nor was it something I was really looking for but I do think you and greggy should kiss and make up flowerred.gif

Good point Darth. You're absolutely right about the danger of a scan suffering pixel burn if overadjusted. Heritage is the perfect example. And in most cases I think it doesn't make that much difference, because most of us know what a label looks like and adjust our mental evaluation of the slab portion of a scan accordingly. But you can only do this if the label portion of the scan is visible, as it is in most auctions. In this case, because the tone of the scan ended up being crucial, and since the info was not provided, it became an issue for me. It became less of a contest about grading a scan, then it was about finding the best way to pry the information out of Greggy. Ridiculous.

Greggy acted like a scalded cat when I questioned the lack of important info on the book. Is it really that important? No, just in the narrow context of fairness in the contest. This isn't complicated.

I'm only talking about this today because I came on the boards this morning and Greggy had mounted his cross and was super-posting catty sarcastic bs remarks all over the boards regarding this disagreement. He even had a catty remark about it in his auction for the book! Who's acting like a child?

I just took him up on his passive-aggressive bullsheet.

- Red Hook - DQOTD

Hey Brad,

What were the grades of the 1st 7 books in this contest? I'm too lazy to look them up...

lazy.jpg

grin.gif

screwy.gif