• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Since Mr. Berk has left the hobby, what's the hierarchy....
2 2

47 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

any chance that photobucket still has the pictures? perhaps we could pay for his account to get them back up. Honestly- almost all of the covers I thought I saved are unreadable files. Such a wasted effort. wish I thought that through back then.

Could you post 1 or 2 of the bad files? Maybe they are still recoverable.

and my last directory-- just the covers or OA /pics that are interesting. Again-- not totally sure if these are just his stuff or other people responding to the thread. I was just interested in grabbing the images (which I did a poor job of apparently). Most of what I can see is internal story art/pages. more coming-- thought I would group this part together.

44527-raysplash.jpg

44528-smashmarksman.jpg

44529-smash5 pg.jpg

44532-police9.jpg

44553-raycandrall.jpg

44561-gilreal101.jpg

44562-gilreal2.jpg

44563-gilreal1.jpg

Music producer Ian Levine reportedly has a complete DC collection from Tec 1 to present, all titles present. I've read there's at least one other individual who has a complete DC collection. Those collections would have to be in the running, if the early stuff is in good condition.

4 hours ago, twmjr1 said:

Music producer Ian Levine reportedly has a complete DC collection from Tec 1 to present, all titles present. I've read there's at least one other individual who has a complete DC collection. Those collections would have to be in the running, if the early stuff is in good condition.

wow !

7 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:
11 hours ago, twmjr1 said:

wow !

I think Levine stopped buying new DCs some years ago, but he had every DC through 2007 (or whenever it was).  There was an epic thread about his go round with Metro as he tried to land a copy of Double Action 2.  One of the last books he needed was a strange one -- an issue of Leave It to Binky or another 1950s DC teen title.  I believe @archiefan located it for him.

13 hours ago, MustEatBrains said:

I would suspect they do.  Not sure if he is active or not or if anyone knows him personally can reach out to suggest but I'd be down to chip in for this if he's agreeable to it.

Has anyone heard from him lately?  I know he had a health set back and stopped posting.  His wife posted once or twice that he was doing better, but I think that was at least a year ago. 

9 hours ago, Aman619 said:

Both of those collection are complete, but not in grade. It would take many more thousands of run filler comics to catch up to the top collections in which the major keys are in high grade. 

Who other than Levine has a complete DC collection? Again, I heard there was at least one other complete collection out there. Also, I wonder if anyone in the world has a complete Timely/Atlas/Marvel collection?

19 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

I think Levine stopped buying new DCs some years ago, but he had every DC through 2007 (or whenever it was).  There was an epic thread about his go round with Metro as he tried to land a copy of Double Action 2.  One of the last books he needed was a strange one -- an issue of Leave It to Binky or another 1950s DC teen title.  I believe @archiefan located it for him.

Yes Tony it was Buzzy #70. I located it and Shield and I collaborated to just give it to him 

50 minutes ago, archiefan said:
1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:

Yes Tony it was Buzzy #70. I located it and Shield and I collaborated to just give it to him 

I keep forgetting which book it was (although you keep telling me!).  Great gesture for you two to help him finish the collection.

Just for fun, I checked the census and there are now six copies of that issue graded (none higher than 5.0).  Not too many issues have Buzzy have any copies graded, which makes me wonder if the fact that it was the last book Levine needed caused some people to seek it out. hm

54 minutes ago, twmjr1 said:

Who other than Levine has a complete DC collection? Again, I heard there was at least one other complete collection out there. Also, I wonder if anyone in the world has a complete Timely/Atlas/Marvel collection?

There are a bunch of people who have done the complete Marvel SA superhero run.  But I can't recall hearing of anyone who has every book from Marvel Comics 1 on.  It would an epic feat particularly if you include all the romance, teen humor, and horror/sci-fi books.  

1 hour ago, twmjr1 said:

I think it was Christine Farrell

1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:

There are a bunch of people who have done the complete Marvel SA superhero run.  But I can't recall hearing of anyone who has every book from Marvel Comics 1 on.  It would an epic feat particularly if you include all the romance, teen humor, and horror/sci-fi books.  

MANY people have complete Marvel collections  from FF 1 at least through the copper age. Heck, I have a Marvel collection  with all runs complete from the pre-FF 1 Kirby monster books-up, only excluding the Millie/romance books and about 30% of the books from 1990-present, which I just don't have interest in. That ain't special, just space-consuming in the extreme. On the other hand, someone having all the Timely/Atlas books from Marvel 1 up to FF 1 would be incredible.

Edited by twmjr1

16 hours ago, MrBedrock said:
20 hours ago, RareHighGrade said:

For Golden Age books, Mr. Bedrock's up there.

#287 - a long way from top ten.

Yeah but you do look down upon about everyone else in the hobby.... 

Since you're like 6 foot and 32 inches....:bigsmile:  And still one of the nicest people around.