• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

show us your HOLY grail thread
6 6

81 posts in this topic

On 3/9/2018 at 10:57 AM, Artboy99 said:

Hrmmm...

I don't really own a "grail" but I have several books that I would consider the favorites in my collection.

1. Planet Comics 48 double cover. It is in extremely high grade with razor sharp corners and no spine dings. The interior cover has amazing colors!

2. Vampirella 1 with Frank Frazetta sig

Venus 19, Beware 10. Love both of these to death. Good pun!

PlanetComics48doublecover.jpg

Vampirella 1.jpg

Vampi 1 sig.jpg

Venus19.jpg

Beware10.jpg

What a great surprize to find Frank Frazettas signature. A Frazetta signature would be tops on my list.

4 hours ago, Illustrious said:

Without a doubt my number one, signed on the splash page by Stan and Jack:

25882898937_ea79d7bdae_c.jpg

amazing book, would you be able to show a picture of the stan and jack sigs???? would love to see that

On 3/9/2018 at 12:57 PM, Artboy99 said:

Hrmmm...

I don't really own a "grail" but I have several books that I would consider the favorites in my collection.

1. Planet Comics 48 double cover. It is in extremely high grade with razor sharp corners and no spine dings. The interior cover has amazing colors!

2. Vampirella 1 with Frank Frazetta sig

Venus 19, Beware 10. Love both of these to death. Good pun!

Beware10.jpg

I absolutely love that Beware Karl!  That may be the best looking copy I've seen a picture of.

1 hour ago, entalmighty1 said:

I absolutely love that Beware Karl!  That may be the best looking copy I've seen a picture of.

Thanks! I absolutely love it to death myself. I have seen a better copy though, owned I think by Sacentaur. A 9.2 ??? .

Edited by Artboy99

23 hours ago, Aliens said:

amazing book, would you be able to show a picture of the stan and jack sigs???? would love to see that

Here it is...when Stan signed it a few years back beside Jack's signature, he ripped the page a little bit with the pen tip, which is why he signed it again at the top of the page:

40777541931_14fe48c259_c.jpg

Grail that I do not own...Amazing Fantasy #15. Shocker I know.

I know I am throwing the term "grail" here maybe too loosely, but my current personal silver age grails are split between my ASM #3 and #14.  My bronze age grail is my ASM #129 and my copper age grail is my ASM #300. My modern and celebrity grail is my Night of Living Dead signed by Romero, a few short months before he passed away.

ASM 3 CGC 5.5.jpg

ASM 14 CGC 6.5.jpg

ASM #129.jpg

ASM #300.jpg

Night of Living Dead CGC 9_8.jpg

1 hour ago, Wall-Crawler said:

Grail that I do not own...Amazing Fantasy #15. Shocker I know.

I know I am throwing the term "grail" here maybe too loosely, but my current personal silver age grails are split between my ASM #3 and #14.  My bronze age grail is my ASM #129 and my copper age grail is my ASM #300. My modern and celebrity grail is my Night of Living Dead signed by Romero, a few short months before he passed away.

ASM 14 CGC 6.5.jpg

:luhv:

12 hours ago, Illustrious said:

Here it is...when Stan signed it a few years back beside Jack's signature, he ripped the page a little bit with the pen tip, which is why he signed it again at the top of the page:

gorgeous, a true grail congratulations on owning that beauty, do ou know the story behind why the 2 stan sigs, i always thought it would be cool to get stan to sign the 2 pager he first worked on... would be interesting. Love it!  

53 minutes ago, Aliens said:

do ou know the story behind why the 2 stan sigs

13 hours ago, Illustrious said:

when Stan signed it a few years back beside Jack's signature, he ripped the page a little bit with the pen tip, which is why he signed it again at the top of the page

13 hours ago, Illustrious said:

wow what a fantastic splash!

Makes me want to own a copy of Captain America 3!