• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

show us your HOLY grail thread
6 6

81 posts in this topic

Already posted these & I couldn't pick just one.

Secret wars was the first book I purchased after deciding to get back in the collecting game. 9.6 white not from CGC.

Iron man 5 is the only book I ever sold (great condition) 20 years ago & I regretted it since! I'll probably be upgrading it at some point. They're far from most valuable but hold a ton of sentimental value!

IMG_20170930_165901.jpg

IMG_20171230_202516.jpg

Edited by MGsimba77

9 hours ago, Doc Joe said:

Grail because duh...I loved the reprints growing up of golden age WW and Flash , Really want to add a Whiz 2(1) to the collection and a Flash comics 1 but very happy to have secured this book 

IMG_8208.jpg

WOW :x

1 hour ago, KirbyJack said:

When I started collecting, the dream was to own a whole run of Fantastic Four. Kirby's FF has always been the core of my collecting interests. I've been a serious collector since 1988, and scored a lot of cool stuff. But the biggest rush I've ever felt in this hobby was buying Fantastic Four #1.

image.thumb.jpg.2abaeb3e03768a5bcfa24b417b964549.jpg

:luhv: Kirby

1 hour ago, SpideyFein said:

Might be a "common book", but as far as comics go AF 15 was always my Grail. I remember having a Green Lantern 1 (1940) that I loved, eventually sold, and bought my first AF with (a 1.8). It's the first "big" book I had to have, and one that my collection has not been without since. Since the sweet 1.8, I upgraded to a 2.5, then 4.0, and now to this beauty. The white pages and colors pulled me in. At the time, I knew I would be doing a major reshuffling of my collection. I'm proud to own it, and like many others, it's one that will be staying with me for long haul. Spidey is the man! Great thread btw and there are some beautiful grails being posted. Wow. 

image.jpeg

WITH WHITE PAGES TOO! (worship)

5 hours ago, entalmighty1 said:

Always loved Frazetta, and the Okajima pedigree is my favorite collection.  Odds of me ever upgrading this book are slim to none.

Thunda.1.jpg

I don't think you could ever "upgrade" an Okajima comic. :luhv:

One day...

2 minutes ago, Silver said:

I bought this book earlier this year. I have had  Superboy 2-258 for years now and only needed the number one. I never found a copy I actually wanted to buy, they were always miswrapped or had staples a half inch into the covers, or were drab looking or had writing on the cover. This copy had none of that and I was thrilled to complete my run with it

9F53E37D-BBDB-4414-B364-F62F382D3516.thumb.jpeg.48ef037890343fd9198db051b0469689.jpeg

That's a real nice copy, Silver.  Congratulations. 

26 minutes ago, Silver said:

I bought this book earlier this year. I have had  Superboy 2-258 for years now and only needed the number one. I never found a copy I actually wanted to buy, they were always miswrapped or had staples a half inch into the covers, or were drab looking or had writing on the cover. This copy had none of that and I was thrilled to complete my run with it

9F53E37D-BBDB-4414-B364-F62F382D3516.thumb.jpeg.48ef037890343fd9198db051b0469689.jpeg

congrats :applause:

6 minutes ago, Chillax23 said:

When I was a kid I never thought in a million years I would own either (i) an X-Men 1 (and now I have owned two - this one and a CGC 2.0 copy I sold to fund the 4.0 :) ) and (ii) a Hulk 181 (I owned a CGC 8.5 that I sold to help fund a house purchase - so one day I will replace it).  I would also LOVE to own an Action 23 and Tec 168 (my somewhat obtainable Golden Age Grails)

5a48e46ddf3a1_X-Men1CGC4.0.thumb.jpg.c1a66400ae694c528c86a630880f3b79.jpg

I will own one of these one day :luhv:

16 hours ago, entalmighty1 said:

Always loved Frazetta, and the Okajima pedigree is my favorite collection.  Odds of me ever upgrading this book are slim to none.

Thunda.1.jpg

The two best artists in comics are  Bernie Wrightson and Frank Frazetta in my opinion.  They are Gods to me . This is the Frazetta holy grail for sure. I will own one someday.(worship)