• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Liefeld did nothing wrong with Cap
1 1

44 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, TheFifthHorseman said:
8 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Did they have photoshop back then?

lol I don't mean the Arnold photo. The original photo at the top of the thread is photoshopped

Your quoting problem is not my quoting problem. :sumo: 

Franco Columbo flooding my brain. I think he used to blow up a hot water bottle (until it burst) as a show of strength as well.

Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled programming.

5 minutes ago, Bird said:

Franco Columbo flooding my brain. I think he used to blow up a hot water bottle (until it burst) as a show of strength as well.

an enema bottle?  Kinky...., 

5 hours ago, Bird said:

yep -- he used to do it to pump up crowds at body building events-- along with other feats of strength.

I still have his book "Coming on Strong" that I read when I was a teenager.

On 12/30/2017 at 10:48 AM, Mystafo said:

Almost positive his upper arms and chest have been photoshopped.  He's probably that tall but not that broad.

ps. Haha also look at how small his other arm is!

media_139893756344503900

There is no way that is real. The photo looks touched.

23 hours ago, Bird said:

He did. And he had crazy lats for the period.

But he was relatively short and it's much easier to sculpt a short body than it is a long one.

That's why Sergio Olivia and Arnold were so impressive back in the day. They were tall and thick.

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 3:07 PM, VintageComics said:

There is no way that is real. The photo looks touched.

The guy on the left is Jay Cutler, a former Mr. Olympia, a big dude himself. The man on the right is morphed. Based on Cutler, the guy on the right would be about 6'6" and weigh slightly north of 500 pounds Nobody is even close to that.

Here's the most massive Mr. Olympia competitor of all time, "Big Ramy", about 5'9", who's contest, stage-ready weight is about 330 (100 pounds heavier than Arnold in his day) and goes up as high as 400 pounds off-season. These pictures aren't altered. There's no need to.

Ramy.thumb.jpg.114b63d6a28b4078d24e6d8d641aa3e5.jpg

Ramy.jpg