• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bought book off eBay
1 1

281 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, SOLAR BOY said:

Look Yodisd.  A seller can call the comic book perfect, destroyed, nice, amazing, wonderful.....doesnt matter.  It is your responsibility to examine the photos, look at the details you see in the pics and make your own determination of the grade.  Even is he used a comic grading term like VG+ or VF its still your job as a buyer to look at all the pics and judge for yourself.  Now, if the pics are not clear....DO NOT BID ON IT.  This is my advice, its also a very cheap lesson.  I know people who have made that mistake for thousands and not $22.  Good luck in the future and hope not too many people on here Ban or block you because im sure that will greatly ruin your life.

Ha, thank you solar boy

7 minutes ago, Patriot6 said:

Dust off your dictionary :p . In all seriousness though, you can't brush that off it is an excuse plain and simple. Come on. 

Bro, an excuse is a reason you give for not doing the right thing, I flat out admitted I was wrong, what are you having a hard time with?

1 minute ago, Yodisd said:

Bro, an excuse is a reason you give for not doing the right thing, I flat out admitted I was wrong, what are you having a hard time with?

ex·cuse
verb

ikˈskyo͞oz/
  1. 1
    attempt to lessen the blame attaching to (a fault or offense); seek to defend or justify.
    "he did nothing to hide or excuse Jacob's cruelty"
    synonyms: justifydefendcondonevindicateMore

1 minute ago, Patriot6 said:
ex·cuse
verb

ikˈskyo͞oz/
  1. 1
    attempt to lessen the blame attaching to (a fault or offense); seek to defend or justify.
    "he did nothing to hide or excuse Jacob's cruelty"
    synonyms: justifydefendcondonevindicateMore

Right I did none of the above 

There is no need for the name calling and the threats here.  He is clearly a novice comic collector/buyer.  But there is really no need to threaten by blocking him and calling him a clown.  Really not necessary in any way.

Yes there is, absolutely.

BTW, "nice copy" is subjective. Was it a "nice copy?" It depends.

Is this a "nice copy"? I think so.

s-l1600.jpg

What about this one?

0760786001f.jpg?auto=format,compress&fm=

Those are both really low grade, but would you say "hey, those are pretty nice?" I'd say the Amazing Fantasy 15 is a "nice copy"

And so, I have blocked you.

1 minute ago, FlyingDonut said:

Yes there is, absolutely.

BTW, "nice copy" is subjective. Was it a "nice copy?" It depends.

Is this a "nice copy"? I think so.

s-l1600.jpg

What about this one?

0760786001f.jpg?auto=format,compress&fm=

Those are both really low grade, but would you say "hey, those are pretty nice?" I'd say the Amazing Fantasy 15 is a "nice copy"

And so, I have blocked you.

Please nooooooooooo

1 hour ago, lizards2 said:

No, because this is my original confession. :foryou: 

And, by the way, I find those selling tactics to be deceptive - all_things_comics  is the seller.

if you bought a book from all_things_comics it likely is restored. The ones that say they aren't restored just haven't been sold and returned yet for having undisclosed restoration. 

Listen you ever date a girl you thought is a 10 and your friends think shes a 6?  Its the same thing here.  Looks/Grade is in the eye of the beholder my friend.  He thought it was nice for the age probably.  He has the right to say that, just look at pics from now on and if not sure dont bid and move on.  Lesson learned.

Every woman / man is a 10. It's not subjective.

It just depends how many drinks it takes to get you there.