• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bought book off eBay
1 1

281 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

This is what happens when there are no big auctions going at Clink or comicconnect... We get bored, and next thing you know, 13 page on a $17 comic book transaction.

Not really ...@Yodisd is fast becoming the CGC chat board  #1 entertaining thread starter  :golfclap:

23 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

@Yodisd..... we need more !! your threads are like crack !!...let us know your next comic buying experience !!! please and soon  ...:foryou:

I just bought 12 fantastic four comics off Facebook. Haven’t arrived yet but the seller said they were all 4.0 to 5.0 grade.  Nothing entertaining.I’ll post the next entertaining experience i have.

6 minutes ago, Yodisd said:

I just bought 12 fantastic four comics off Facebook. Haven’t arrived yet but the seller said they were all 4.0 to 5.0 grade.  Nothing entertaining.I’ll post the next entertaining experience i have.

Did you scrutinize the photos this time?

1 hour ago, Yodisd said:
1 hour ago, 1950's war comics said:

@Yodisd..... we need more !! your threads are like crack !!...let us know your next comic buying experience !!! please and soon  ...:foryou:

what could possibly go wrong

film at eleven

10 hours ago, Yodisd said:

Let us know what condition they arrive in.

a few people in this thread have mentioned in passing "did you buy this off your phone"  and I do think there's something to be said about that. Last year I requested my first and only refund and return of an ebay purchase in 19 years because I bought a page of original comic art off ebay and I made the purchase off my iphone.  The image was decent, but not great (shot with a phone, not a scan) but no mention of the damage (where it looked like the art had been stuck to something and pulled off, both front and back, which lifted some of the ink off the art, and peeled away a layer of paper on the back)  The seller didn't balk, art was returned, $200 bucks refunded. Had I seen this on a desktop, I might have picked up on the condition issues and not hit the BIN (hard to say in hindsight, as I knew what to look for)

But the lesson learned for me was to not make a purchase based solely on viewing the image on a phone. Not being able to see the entire image on a larger screen really makes a huge difference.   Unfortunately, this site, ebay, and every other ecommerce contrivance (Paypal, Facebook, etc) has been designed and optimized to drive mobile purchases, which is more problematic for collectibles were condition is a factor.:preach:

41 minutes ago, JohnFranklin said:

This reply wasn't meant to be, however I can't figure out how to delete it.........

There - take a load off your mind.

3 hours ago, MYNAMEISLEGION said:

a few people in this thread have mentioned in passing "did you buy this off your phone"  and I do think there's something to be said about that. Last year I requested my first and only refund and return of an ebay purchase in 19 years because I bought a page of original comic art off ebay and I made the purchase off my iphone.  The image was decent, but not great (shot with a phone, not a scan) but no mention of the damage (where it looked like the art had been stuck to something and pulled off, both front and back, which lifted some of the ink off the art, and peeled away a layer of paper on the back)  The seller didn't balk, art was returned, $200 bucks refunded. Had I seen this on a desktop, I might have picked up on the condition issues and not hit the BIN (hard to say in hindsight, as I knew what to look for)

But the lesson learned for me was to not make a purchase based solely on viewing the image on a phone. Not being able to see the entire image on a larger screen really makes a huge difference.   Unfortunately, this site, ebay, and every other ecommerce contrivance (Paypal, Facebook, etc) has been designed and optimized to drive mobile purchases, which is more problematic for collectibles were condition is a factor.:preach:

It is? You can click on the picture and zoom. Gets to the same size as a PC monitor.

I'd like to remind you that the OP admitted to never looking at the pictures -- and they made 9 bids on the item-- it was not a quick decision. There was time. They did not say whether it was on their phone or not but that seems immaterial considering that the photos were not viewed.

Edited by 01TheDude